1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar Gp

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749r man, Feb 6, 2018.

1. peeved off with this weather about to book Qatar gp has any one been if so any advice on hotels etc .

2. After last year's Qatar gp, you sure that's the place to go for great weather? :p:splat::splat::splat:

3. I had to move my flight back last year after all the postponements! Are you really sure you want to go?! I have been twice because friends live there, but I wouldn’t go otherwise. Only one grandstand in the middle of a straight so long you can barely see the bikes entering or leaving it. Not much of an atmosphere. Also, not much else special about the place (I go to play on MX bikes in the desert). I’d spend the money on going to a couple of Euro races or somewhere like Texas myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well Qatar is out then she will be gutted lol ,have to take hols by end of March so gps are out thanks for the quick response.

5. The best way I can describe it is it feels like a club race with famous racers in it. Very odd atmosphere. It is a bit of a thrill because it is still moto GP and also because it is the first of the year. However I definitely think your money could be better spent.

6. Take her to Qatar for a day as your stopover on the way to Melbourne then go watch the first WSBK at Philip Island. If she gets bored she can go watch the Penguins coming home

• Like Like x 1
  7. For what's worth here's my two pence worth,

My experience there was nothing short of fantastic, considering I met all the riders including 'The Doctor'.

I'm actually in Doha Airport as I'm writing this, anyway, my advice is to go and if you can afford it go for the weekend VIP pass.

The reason I say this, is both times I've been there on the weekend VIP pass, there have been very few people in the VIP village for the practice and qualifying and so you are treated to a pit lane tour where you can get up close and chat to the riders, see the bikes being worked on and get great photos. On top of this, there's the complimentary drinks and food, all weekend. There will, of course, be more people there on race day, but by that time you'll be happy to watch the race on the big screens in the lounge and enjoy more complimentary drinks & food.

With regards to hotels, they're all pretty good tbh, just make sure you book a taxi to circuit pretty early.

8. Be careful about travel to Qatar at the moment - if you intend to visit other Gulf states any time soon.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain won't like the Qatar visa stamp in your passport as there has been a falling out amongst the GCC recently.

9. ? I travel throughout the GCC regularly, as mentioned I'm in Doha just now, and haven't experienced any issues, even with a passport full of Iraq visa's. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Many thanks.

11. Can't see one advertised on the MotoGP site. Only ticket available is the weekend grandstand ticket.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information