1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qr Tank Threads?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by doogalman, Apr 24, 2020.

1. looking to maybe put some remote QR fuel connectors on tails on my 996 rather than have the awkward connectors under the tank.
    What thread size/type are the Ones on the fuel flange where the QR connectors screw in?

2. Doogal, if you mean the slightly tapered threads into the flange I think they are 1/4"NPT, I think @Exige has them for sale as a kit.

3. Yes, an NPT tapered thread - I only sell the California Cycleworks Plastic ones which are the same type as the Ducati CPC ones.

4. The 1/4" NPT refers to the bore size - the thread at the root is nearer 13.5mm and tapers to around 12.8mm

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks, that’s helpful as don’t want to take out old ones until I have the bits to replace. The direct replacements that exige sell are not what I will fit. Nothing wrong with them but will use Goodrich style alloy fittings into the pump housing with a short hose to inline qr fittings.

6. I do love a nice mix of imperial and metric!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. It's the only way to work :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information