1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Qs And Clutch Problems V4

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bootneck, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Hi all, im hoping someone can offer advice on two issues im having on my 2018 V4 with 9000 miles on it.
    QS - basically it has stopped working and a red error has come up on the dash next to DQS and also the main riding mode light is flashing on and off, see attached photo where there is no riding mode shown as it continulyflashes on / off, when i switch the bike on i can go into 1st but when i shifting up the error then occurs, this has happened several times over the last 2 yrs but in the past has just gone away but on the occasion is hasn't.
    CLUTCH - when the bike is cold or when the temperature drops, when im pulling away the clutch slips for a moment and makes an horrible noise, can the clutch on a V4 be adjusted, the bike is regularly serviced by ducati and its update with recalls, it was mentioned elsewhere thst there was a recall for a heat shield on the QS but ive never had this recall? i do intend to take it to my dealer to see if the QS just need resetting and if it possible adjust the clutch, but before i do so and in the mean time I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced the QS problem I've described above.
    Thanks for any advice

Screenshot_20220701-102649_Gallery.jpg

2. Cannot help with QS problem.
    If the bike has a dry clutch then your graunching problem is down to clutch dust and blueing of the clutch metal plates (as suffered by all dry clutch Ducatis). Solution is to take the clutch apart and give everything a clean with clutch/brake cleaner. A scotchbrite drill attachment with help cleaning up the metal plates.

3. Cheers ChrisW for your reply mate, it's just a normal clutch and the noise / symptoms is, it's like the bike is cold the clutch has frozen and it makes a slipping noise when pulling away, when it's warm I don't have a real problem, I was just wondering if a modern clutch can be adjusted a bit like in the old days when we had a lever and cable. I'll keep digging on the QS issue

4. The clutch issue can be caused by a lack of oil on the plates. Early V4s suffered from this. first few pull aways when cold were horrible, then the oil gets in there and everything is fine. I recall there being a service bulletin for this whereby the oil jet feeding the clutch area was either adjusted or enlarged. My SFV4 does it too. If I start the engine and immediately try and pull away it is horrible. If I run it for a couple of minutes and the pull away it is fine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information