1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quad Bikes Bill

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Don’t see that many, majority that I do see are farmers or hunt followers out fox hunting doesn’t register on my radar. The goons I do see ripping around on quads not wearing helmets probably don’t crash often. Only incident I’ve ever seen reported of a quad crash was Rick Mayel, not sure if he was helmetless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ours is killing me. it's been getting its first bit of maintenence after 6years of the kids going raj around the forrest and down the beach. which i guess aint to bad. great craic. :upyeah:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm not sure what that MP is on about?

To ride on UK roads, a quad must have plates, MOT and insurance. Drivers/ riders must be 17 or older and holders of full car or motorcycle licences.

Now if she thinks mandating the use of a crash helmet will impact the way the quads are used in her area, when the current strict laws do not -I suspect she might be in for a surprise.

I don't think its any business of hers to decide what type of vehicle is a toy or whether it is suitable to be used on the road provided it has passed all the aforementioned criteria. I also expect she will be very irritated by potentially millions of electric scooters, coming to the streets in the near future!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. She’s a Bradford MP and quad use there doesn’t sort of comply with the law!
    Highly unlikely her bill will become law.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information