1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About St2 Mixture

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dean Prior, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Hello guys and girls,

I've got a 1998 ducati st2 and I've put shell v power in it, and since then the bike really doesnt seem to want to rev at all, it's got to the point now where it will only ride on choke and wont rev past about 3k if you open the throttle all the way the bike just dies.
    Does anyone know how I can solve this issue, the bike ran fine on normal fuel but wouldn't rev past 6k and when it did it struggled.

Please help miss riding my bike!!

2. Was it V power diesel ?

3. No petrol, but didnt know if the octane was to high for the set mixture as normal is lower octane than v power

4. Sounds like diesel as suggested or water in the petrol possibly. Octane will make sweet FA difference to it.
    Did it run OK for first few hundred yards after you filled up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah it ran fine it had a full tank, it's got down to half a tank and now is really bad

6. Would I be able to smell the difference or even colour difference if I drained it out?

7. Possibly, completely draining the tank would be a good place to start but you must get the last dregs out as this is where the crap is likely to be. Once totally empty and clean, change the fuel filter if there is one and clean out the carbs (I'm assuming it's not injected) then put in a fresh clean gallon of fuel. Might be worth checking that a vacuum pipe or similar hasn't come adrift. Causing it to run mega weak which would explain the need for choke and limited revs?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information