1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Quick Action Throttle

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by uk_biker, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Went to the track yesterday after installing a quick action throttle. All i can say is that its soooo much better than the standard/R1 tube. I can say its the 2nd best upgrade i have made, 1st being the slipper clutch and 3rd the quickshifter. For those who have installed the R1/R6 tube i would recommend you bin them and make the change. Im using the large cam and i dont think its overkill for the road. The bike just feels so much better, the only down side i can think of is that you may wear out rear tyres quicker but thats overcome by the bigger smile on your face. Ive tried to show the difference in the pic,it was the only way i could think of doing it, the circle is where i drew around the grip and the bar went through the slot.

throttle.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've got domino one on my gsxr it's a great mod.

3. Where from/how much/how hard to fit?

4. Got mine from bike torque racing. Think it was about £100. Easy to fit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Its from euro racing, cost 169 , comes with 3 sizes of cams and throttle cables. the instructions that come with it are in Italian so they were useless but it was easy to insalll, 2 maybe 2 1/2 hours to complete.

6. Your rear tyre may tell you Noooo ! LOL Tyre.jpeg

7. Update.

An r6 throttle had a bigger cam then the r1.
    Stock is 35.5 mm...r1 05 is 36.75. The r6 06 is 40.5 mm.

Its almost getting to yours from euroracing.
    Takes 1.5 hour to fit...dremel..fit..dremel. and whoop whoop

#7 SEBASTIAAN, May 24, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
  8. I tried different settings on the rear suspension and could not change the wear pattern on the edge of the tyre. The edge looked like the only issue but after talking to other guys at the track some were saying thats the same wear they got using the Dunlop Q3 tyre. Tyres need replacing so im going to try the Q3+ and see what happens

Do Not Sell My Personal Information