1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick release fuel line connector.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nelson, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Any recommendations?

Looking for an inline one.

Not the ebay rubbish, wont take the pressure!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. those CPC ones are the same as ducati use on the 748/9*6/996 fuel tank
    only better as they are metal and not crappy plastic

3. Looks like the cheapie I bought from ebay?
    Is it metal, work ok with fuel injection?

Cheers

4. Plastic, don't know about fuel injection. Otherwise get CPC fittings from Tom Parker...

• Like Like x 1
  5. #10 CarloL, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  6. You need;

CPC - LCD10004V = Metal female with viton seal
    CPC - LCD23006V = Metal male with viton seal

They are NPT threads, make sure they supply the 'V' suffixed part or, if they don't have them (they may not as the standard part will not have viton) then you can get the standard non viton as the fitting is the same but be sure to replace the 'O' rings with viton parts - particularly the female tank connector because you need to remove it from the tank to do it.

Mine had non viton 'O' rings the male fittings are no problem as they are easy to swap and worthwhile doing when you're servicing the bike anyway but if (when) the ones in the tank fitting swell they can cause a problem - mine blocked the fuel flow and left me stranded at the roadside. Replacing the 'O' rings fixed it but I had to take the fittings out of the tank to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Been watching those for a while now. Suppose they could be a justifiable buy if planning on keeping the bike for a long time but £100 seems steep!
    I’ll still probably give in one day! :)

Ian

8. Its 44 dollars from the States , if you will wait but the plastic units are not far off 100gbp so just went with the metal

Tom-parker was cheaper but they do not offer the NPT couplings you’re looking for with Viton seals, only in Nitrile seals, they said With the seal being internally fitted this is not an option to replace with a Viton

https://www.etoxstore.top/ducati-74...cpc-original-supplier-p-14322.htm&language=en

9. I got mine from Tom Parkers, didn't know they weren't viton and had the problem where the bike broke down. When I called them they said they didn't stock the viton version but I did get the replacement viton 'O' rings from them, even the internal ones for the female fitting.

It is easy to change the 'O' ring on the female fitting though, you just push the fitting against the spring and pick the 'O' ring out, the new one just slips on/in but you do need the fitting out of the tank to do it. Experiment on your old plastic fitting (they are identical in construction) and you'll see it's not difficult.

As for Giovannimoto on ebay, he has a lot of good stuff in stock for Ducati/Guzzi etc and is very knowledgeable and helpful and as such I'd recommend him and I have bought from him in the past but it is the case that you can often get the same parts elsewhere for less if you're patient enough.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I did ask the guys for the Viton seals based on what you said :) but they told me you cannot swap them out; the issue was trying to find the viton seal to suit

At this stage was already messing around for a day trying to find them with Viton seals ; bike is stuck in the garage so just bit the bullet and paid the premium

Good info for other members :)

11. Yes, probably not the 'official' thing to do with the internal 'O' rings as they would prefer to sell new fittings and there is the potential to do it wrong with all the liability that could incur but if you get the correct 'O' ring it's straightforward.

Also by the time you get the $44 parts from the US, add on the postage (usually extortionate from US suppliers?) and the VAT + handling fee they'd probably be no cheaper anyway? and this way you've got your bike running now. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information