1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Quick Release Fuel Line Fittings .

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by ducati2242, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Anyone changed out there plastic fuel line fittings . Thinking I may be able to cut off the alloy stub from the pump base plate tap the hole and fit something like the picture . Every time I remove the plastic ones I never feel that they go back very well .

OmegaFuelFittings20.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Any luck with this ?

3. Not yet but I'm sure it's doable and I will get round to it .

4. ive just got some of these from motowheels in the states havent fitted them yet though.

5. Can you do a step by step please as I think we all hate the OEM clips.

6. I am not sure there is enough thickness in the base plate to tap the thread.
    You may have to have tapped ally bosses welded to the base plate.

Although, all the above may make the fuel lines protrude further from the tank, making them hit the top of the cam cover when the tank is lowered.

7. I think you're right with the thickness . Im going to by a base plate bore out the original fittings , probably right through , and fit alloy bosses . Only trouble I can see is that some alloy does not weld well but I have all the equipment so as soon as I get a base plate i'll give it a go . Will keep you all informed .

8. Is anyone aware of a different model that uses the same base plate I.E. st4s or monster or anything ?

9. This is how Ducati did it on my prototype but the plate is machined and thicker than the production one - perhaps you could do similar but with inline connectors if room is tight...

Fuel plate.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the picture I did think about making it completely but thought that the pump mount would be awkward but you have given me a push in that direction . Have to get it to bits and see.

11. Ordered from here for 80 dollars inc postage . QuickCouplings : : .
    bit of a night mare finding the right ones but there in there.

12. Let us know what happens with the dreaded import duty and fees or if they sneak through with the Christmas rush!

13. I must admit im not a fan of the fuel quick connectors on the later 999's
    On my 03 bike I fitted 96436003B quick connector kit from the 04 DP catalogue
    [​IMG]

The connectors then were accessible without removing the tank, on top of the cylinder head.

14. Been re searching these as I broke one on my MV last week :Wideyed: it appears the female connectors never seem go wrong - just the male connectors which are ridiculously delicate. The male metal connectors fit the plastic female connectors so I'm going down this route. I think the 999 ones are the same as the MV750 ones...

15. I believe (so I have been told)that the ones fitted to Triumph's are metal and are ideal replacements for Ducati ones.

16. CPC do plastic and metal to the same design I've read, these are the metal ones but as above, the metal make fitting will fit the plastic female which doesn't appear to have issues.
    Maybe Triumph use these...

cpc male.jpg cpc female.jpg

17. Had a CPC metal one as per the picture fitted to my 748R as the plastic one would not seal when the male was removed, cost £40 as I had to get it from the states, after I had it fitted I was told about Triumph ones where half the price :-(

18. Are they £20 for both male and female as a pair?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information