1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Quickshifter Advice ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Boycey, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Hi everyone
    I have a 2012 Multistrada 1200S touring. I recently changed from a Yamaha MT09 Tracer. Cant say enough good things about the Multistrada, its by far the best bike Ive ever ridden! I just want to do more miles everytime I go out. I have an old arm injury from a crash years ago, I get pain after about a hundred miles from the action of pulling and releasing the clutch. Actually, the Multistrada clutch is much lighter than the cable one on the Tracer, but its still an issue for me. I just wondered if anyone could recommend the best quickshifter package to fit to cut down on the clutch usage?
    Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is in the wrong place, Im still a newbie here!

2. Don't bother, save your money for fuel, you can clutches shift easy enough. And QS have a habit of killing Ducati gearboxes. :)

3. Hi Bradders
    Thanks for the reply. Had heard somewhere else that it might hurt the gearbox, wont risk it.
    Thank you

4. If you want to, you can clutchless up and down the box, but it takes practice and timing. I hardly ever use clutch after 1-2 when riding, the gearbox is pretty smooth on my multi :)

5. Cool, I have done this on several bikes over the years, but somehow I was worried about damaging the box.

6. As someone who's got a weak left wrist myself I've always suffered when riding Mutley around town because of the multiple clutch activations. I'd heard that an Oberon clutch slave cylinder might make the clutch a tad lighter in operation and was considering getting one myself. Anyone got any evidence to support that belief?

• Like Like x 1
  7. There is a post on here today about bite point with oberon, check that put, it seems a lot lighter with one :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Oberon use a slightly larger diameter piston in their slave cylinder which provides a lighter feel to the lever operation. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The QS won't help the left arm much , I agree ... also rate the Oberon slave , it's good kit
    Had the Tuneboy QS on the Diavel for enough miles to be confident it won't hurt anything - will be putting the same on the Multi as soon as I can - it's great fun
    The Tuneboy setup with a decent dyno tune , plus launch control and cruise is great value

IMO , YMMV etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I fitted one of the CNC ones, it makes the clutch lighter. But I also fitted adjustable levers and I found it did drag when the bike got very hot in the South of France. I had to wind the lever adjustment right out to cure it (which seems pointless having them!)

11. Ditto tune boy with QS. Can also be fine tuned for your riding style. (Pressure on gear lever before change and how much engine is blipped on downshifts) very cool.

12. Saw a video somewhere (here of Ducati Forum FB group) of a multi with Qs and blipper....must confess...sounded awesome and really fancy one!! Be wasted mind you, and still not convinced it won't lunch the gearbox over time. :)

13. I had the exact same issue 2 years running in the same location as you. Figured out last year that it was actually the levers. I have the DP ones I'm sure. After long warm day up at altitude I would have to adjust them. Following day they were usually back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. I am probably going to fit a QS at some point as I miss being lazy! I'm pretty sure the gearbox will be fine so long as it's set up properly

15. Ive had a translogic quickshifter fitted for 15000 miles now, never had any bother with the gearbox, just loads of fun

Translogic Systems - World leader in Quickshifter technology

Gear 4.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. I’ve fitted a Healtech QS to my 2016 1200s. Great bit of kit, easy to fit and set up. I only use it for high speed changes on open roads and use the clutch around town where revs are below 4K - 5k.

17. I have the Tuneboy Cordoba strain gauge up/down QS and love it .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information