1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Quickshifter Electronics Placement

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Phill748, Jul 4, 2018.

1. So I ordered a Healtech Quickshifter which comes with a control unit which is really small, maybe 4cmx2cm or something like that.

The question is, I don't want to fit it under the seat due to the heat, so I guess somewhere on the left side of the bike around the battery is my best option but does anyone have any ideas on where is best to mount things like this? I have a standard battery so there isn't any spare space in the battery tray.

2. My HM control box is tie wrapped to the LH frame tube above clutch m/cylinder.

3. It's bigger than that though, and has a few different cables coming and going to it so would look messy, hence why I think it needs to be 'hidden' somewhere else.

4. Fitted today, it works okay on the 90ms setting but when I tried it on 80ms I got some scary missed gears... that was on the default 'same for all revs Auto' setting. Towards the end of the ride I changed it so that the shift lever needed a little longer before it cut (different to the kill time) and it was much nicer, perhaps now I can go back to a slightly shorter cut duration at higher revs which would stop the front wheel weighting up between shifts.

Regards to installation, I worry about the heat, but tbh there isn't anywhere on the bike that you can put stuff that isn't going to get silly hot.

4Jp3ZIOQQW+9F9XHQ518oQ.jpg 5Dw67Y7cSmOJm81X3ypq9Q.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information