1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Quickshifter Issue

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wull, Dec 29, 2018.

1. I took advantage of the mild weather and the lack of salt on the road since Xmas morning so headed out on the 1299 today.

From the word go the Quickshifter wasn’t working on upshifts!

The downshift was working perfectly well.

If I tried to shift up the lever was firm as if there were no more gears, it wouldn’t move at all.

If I used the clutch it would work perfect. If I rolled off the throttle and done a clutchless upshift it would work perfect.

Any ideas?

2. Only a few months ago did my quickshifter pack up on my 1299. It did similar to what you described but my down shift also broke. Then an engine light flashed up.

Got it changed out under warranty and it was perfect again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seem to be a common problem with 1299 the shifters playing up. Id up grade it if it were mine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’s still under warranty so I’ll book it in.

The translogic QS seems a popular option and is a simple plug and play.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I replaced mine with a translogic a month or so ago. Great upgrade in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think that’s what I’ll do, I’ll get them to replace or sort this one first though.

7. maybe they can do a deal for you on an aftermarket shifter, and bypass the oem fix.

8. mine died a while ago, I replaced it with the translogic unit... Plug and play, faultless ever since.

9. Where is the best place to get one, cheers

10. Blip Box Pro for me I love it, the upshift is so much better than stock DQS and has been a set and forget.

11. Did you fit it Yourself? Is is a big improvement on the OEM ? Did it require any programming ?

12. Big difference? Is it smoother than original?

13. Oh dear oh dear!!! Another QS issue:mad: Along with many others I’ve just swapped mine out on the V4 with an HM direct replacement..... Now sorted! ... According to my AD they have never heard of any QS issues and certainly haven’t seen any warranty claims for said shifter.... I’m not mentioning any names as I’ve still got to make a claim for mine: unamused: Bloody poor show on such an expensive bike:punch:

14. I’m on my second OEM shifter and it’s playing up...

15. QS on my V4 speciale was replaced after stopping, and the QS on 1299R also stopped working whilst i was running the bike in, and yet to be replaced!!

16. The translogic shifter sounds like it’s a good replacement. Anyone switched from OEM to translogic ?

17. I find it a lot smoother in normal riding conditions. At Silverstone last year when on the boil I wished it was a little quicker still, but that's me being fussy. Not a single problem since fitting it though and plug and play also so very simple.

18. For anyone that’s having issues that can’t be resolved under warranty just bite the bullet and replace with the HM shifter. Plugs straight back into the loom and is a very simple job to install and set up. As it’s a strain gauge it has no moving parts unlike the OE load cell OE unit that’s over complicated and has proven to be unreliable and troublesome. The HM unit also feels far more positive and predictable for both upshifts and downshifts. I know the units not cheap! £450 but your problems will be resolved for good.... shop around for possible discounts or deals. I can also highly recommended Translogic as I’ve used these on other bikes as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 450

20. Depends for what model.... V4 shifter and blipper is that price, £100 cheaper for HM shifter without the blipper:cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information