1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Quickshiter

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by 179CLUB, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hi.

Thinking of getting a quickshifter for my 848EVO. Has anyone had quickshifters on their 848. Is it possible to get downshifter as well. Good or bad idea. Best make etc etc.
    Thank you Ducati owners.

2. I'm not sure if the 848 gearbox is as week as the 1098/1198 if it is a quick shifter is a bad idea. But if you do want one of go for translogic one.

3. Weak geatbox oh oh. I will leave this alone then thanks mate.

4. I had a Healtec one and didn't get on with it at all so sold it on. If you do get one, personally I would go for a Translocation as it learns the gear pattern and changes the timings for each gear rather than just revs like the Healtec. The thing I struggled with is that if I got it working for say 2/3rd gear shift, I would end up with a horrid change at similar revs between 3rd/4th and had some nasty 100mph false neutrals.

Since I played around with it, I've been noticing that 3rd/2nd downshifts I'm sometimes getting false neutral, and it could be that I'm not positive enough with my shifts or maybe my clutch needs bleeding, we will see.

BTW, You can't have an autoblipper unless the bike has a RBW throttle such as the Panigale, the 848's still use a good old fashioned cable.

5. Phil that great information thank you. I would hate to have lumpy gearchanges after paying out for quickshifter. I will research this a little further and then it is either yes or no.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information