1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quite Like The Look Of Tenere 700

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Kevin Tallant, Jun 9, 2022.

1. But are still fugley compared to my Superlight....and at almost £12k a huge chunk of change so resisted asking for a test ride.

IMG_20220609_121540.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Think the smaller tank version better for most people, unless you are actually crossing Sahara or Gobi.
    Might invest in used one next year, these world raid/rallye versions should dive prices of first models down to more my budget :)

3. Took one for a test ride and really liked it. Two staff members at my local BMW bike dealers have them. They really rate them too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I took one out for a few hours, and was completely underwhelmed, despite all the hype. I ended up buying a KTM 790R.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Unknown.jpeg Had one for six months. Great bike, but only if you will venture off road 50% of your ownership. Hard graft on the road.

To be fair, that's the demographic, so shouldn't act surprised.

It received more attention than any other bike I've ever owned.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I have the 790 duke which is mint for hooning and stuff, looking to buy either of these 3 Triumph Tiger, Tenere or a KTM 790 adv.:thinkingface:

I’m more inclined to buy the 790 to be honest just because I like all the tech….

7. Yeah, the 790 Adventure R is in a different league, and I managed to grab one of the last ones, so got a cracking deal on it.

8. I just find most ktms hideously styled. Mate has a 790 it's got bags of gadgets, the quick shifter and rider modes are great. But I'd have to park it out of sight each time I stopped.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah they’re a very Marmite bike, but I really rate mine it’s saved me buying a SDR…for now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A mate got one this year and loves it,

• Like Like x 2
  11. I’ve had 3 KTM’s, none of them were bikes you’d ever turn back and admire, but the way they rode more than made up for the looks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thread moved

13. The main difference between this style of bike over the sports bike's when over fifty years of age is that you can rack up many miles, talk & walk at the end.

14. i just sold my tenere 700 i did 5000 miles on it . great bike but that seat is not comfy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh I’m sure most on here would talk, regardless of the bike!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I regularly do a 170 mile round trip on superlight & it's quite comfortable. Just fancy something I can lob a bit of luggage on & do a bit of dirt track/gravel strewn country lanes on. Really don't want or need anti-wheelie/quickshifting auto blipper with dynamic cornering suspension/breaking.....just more snizzle to empty my pockets when it breaks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Have you not considered the xtz tenere it’s got no gizmos on it, slower undoubtedly but worth considering.

18. I only find them comfortable at speed, normally 50% of all my coastal runs are around the 140 miles mark without stopping for anything, basically there and back in one hit.......it's me and the bike.:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information