1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Race Bikes?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Wooly46, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Any 999 race bike or track bike owners on here?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. No!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. :rolleyes:

4. Just kidding, I have the 999R in my profile pic and a 999S over in the UK. What do you need?

• Like Like x 1
  5. :joy: I’ve just bought a track 999, s frame with an R motor. Just wondering about reliability, issues, trick bits, who to use for bodywork etc. Any info would be awesome :upyeah:

6. I have a 999r with a improved motor, running shorter stroke, sandcast cases, oil breather kit and full 57mm terms system. It’s pushing 170bhp at the rear wheel, remapped by Chris at CJS.

It’s using a Ducati Corse four post slipper clutch, HPK discs on the front, larger Corse air tubes, race loom and lithium battery.

I run a 749r tank as it’s a little heavy on the fuel (20 min session normally 6-7ltrs). Pulls like a train, turns well and it’s very stable on the brakes. I run typically mid to top of fast group on a TD so it’s more than capable enough tbh.

Bodywork wise, I’m luck enough to have two sets of Ducati Corse SBK Carbon fairing sets. I tried the aftermarket kits and they didn’t fit with the exhaust.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any specific questions you’d like to know.

04BFDC7E-4967-4B0D-8329-CA3431949575.jpeg 706EDD29-7304-4BCF-8329-258D8DD1E4A8.jpeg A4DF9BB5-0A8D-454D-B657-6505847A4E12.jpeg

#7 t3scn, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  7. Got a 2004 baby 749R trackbike.
    Super sport Kit engine and 57mm system, big carbon air tubes, CJS mapped, around 132odd rwbhp. Doesn’t pull like a train....like a fakkin 2 stroke power delivery, massive fun!
    Standard R slipper which behaves impeccably - needs greasing regularly.
    KTeck fork internals, HPK discs.
    Corse replica rear sets
    Race loom
    Can’t remember the make of the bodywork.
    About 7k miles, mostly track.
    In 10 years hasn’t needed owt but oil and filters, belts and just had the top end service but all in spec.
    Love it.

8CBE3CDD-19AC-4F4C-99FA-BA1E417312D5.jpeg E01510BC-F480-40C9-8D10-F54AEE3DDB59.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Looks great pal! I’m running the same oil breather kit on mine, is that a stock radiator? I see you’ve ditched the reserve water tank. You just use an overflow bottle? Have your carbon belt covers got an air intake on them?

9. Cheers lads, really helpful this. So where is chris at cjs?

10. Bristol runs out of louigi motos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. That’s good, as they suffer from too much pressure in the case so the kit is a must. Yep standard rad, new aluminium one but essentially std.

With the larger air ducts you’ll need an alternative solution, the RS version sits up with the headstock but like hens teeth to source. This works fine.

The covers do have the air intake/breathers.

South of Bristol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is that rad one of the ones off eBay? Did you buy those air scoop covers? Thanks for all this info

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. This bike I have is running a pc-111. Do you think I’d be better to ditch that and just get it flashed? Forgot to say, it’s also running a 57mm termi full system

14. The rad was from a supplier in Germany, i’ll see if I can find the details. The ducts are Ducati Performance, full carbon replacements that remove the OME versions and not covers.

Yes, I would have the ECU reflashed/mapped. It’s a better route than using a PC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. @Wooly46 there are a load of other bits and bobs not mentioned in my original reply too.

If you want to PM me happy to share contact details if you’d like to chat through

16. Awesome mate, I’ll drop you a pm tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information