1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Race Shift

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bootsam, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Never tried it. But would like to. Also prob need new rearsets so, I wondered what the best set are that offer me the choice of road/race shift without it affecting the elecronic gizmodgery of the 1299S. i.e the qs up/down too much. Ta very much.

2. ive got gilles rearsets on my 1299, i tried the race shift and to be honest i didn't like it, i wasn't as smooth as normal shifting, i dont track so couldn't see the point

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ducati do a neat little kit to convert to race shift. £68 gets a new arm to hook up on the selector shaft and a wiring mod to switch the up and down shift around. Keeps all the stock parts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You are a smasher Nelly old bean. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gilles rearsets i have allow for reverse shift with the existing quick shifter.

I like reverse shift find it a lot more comfortable

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Only really worth while if you’re on track. It definitely helped on fast bends I’d say

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ive ordered the ducati kit from snells. Should be here today, so i'll prob have a weekend to play with it. I'd still prefer a method via left grip to change gear like I had on my Lambretta. Changing down is easy, up shifts always feel more unnatural to me. TBH, I just want to see if its more suited to me than road shift.

8. Little tip. Before you change gear, put you foot in the position you want, ie above or below the lever, until you are not changing gears any more. Then move it.

I run both shifts and I find this stops me going the wrong way and if I have to think about it then it’s before the corner and doesn’t distract from what I’m doing :)

I tend to get it wrong still in petrol stations and lights when I haven’t planned to stop...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I've got the Ducati Performance race shift gadget in a drawer. Really need to get it fitted as since using race shift on the R6 I much prefer it. It took me a while to get used to it under braking which was what stopped me fitting it on the Pani earlier but now I really like it on the R6.

10. The foot position thing really works :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Kope had buttons on his and junked the lever all together iirc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information