1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Radar Detector Question ...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by john clelland, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Is anyone running the new Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector on their Multi 1260s?

If yes, please advise if it is giving false bogey alerts when you accelerate quickly ... as my Valentine 1 Gen 1 did that all the time on my Multi 1200s.

I tired wiring the power many different ways to avoid noise.

213070686_10220972495968036_4749254963437734841_n.jpg

2. In the UK I believe these devices are currently in a legal grey area. However, many of the speed traps used here are passive or passive until the trigger is pulled making dectectors ineffective.

Additionally virtually all static cameras are signposted or in obvious loctions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. https://www.quora.com/Are-radar-detectors-legal-in-the-UK

4. Radar detectors are unfortunately illegal in most Canadian provinces.
    Notwithstanding, they're not effective here as most LEO's use LIDAR devices.
    The best legal counter-measure is WAZE which is a collaboration app that marks police cars, speed cameras, hazards and traffic conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The first answer covers it for the UK

6. Yes, technically legal but in practice not... so a grey area... or a paradox.

7. The OP is one of them Americans.....

There's been a couple of high profile cases locally where the beak has thrown the book at users.

8. perhaps ... but as I am in California, UK vehicular laws are of no concerns to me.

but thank you for your opinion ...

9. again, as I am not living in Canada (even though I am a Canadian), your comment about provincial laws while accurate, do not answer my question.

also, the Valentine 1 Gen 2 does have Lidar/Laser detection.

10. #11 chrisw, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  11. I agree that the thread drifted from your question and I'm just as guilty of that.
    I think you would be best served with an answer on a radar detector specific forum where the Valentine units are more prevalently used and discussed.
    https://www.rdforum.org/forums/16/

#12 DarR, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  12. You'd be better off asking on the US forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maybe I should have just said that :D

No disprect BTW John, your precence here is appreciated. Though I doubt that any of the UK membership, which are in a considerable majority on here, have one of these devices fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Posts in UK forum

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information