1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Radiator

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Roadtrip, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Phone your local dealer & find out:thinkingface:this might help you make your mind up.

2. Found out they are no longer available,

3. can thoroughly recommend bikingboy-uk. I had a problem with a 1098 rad and he ended up giving me a full refund without needing to return it. Despite the quick delivery time (5th Sept), be aware he is not based in UK. Fitting should be a doddle providing fan fixings come off ok and loom/connectors not damaged.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I fitted a Chinese radiator to a Bayliss 1098R a couple of years ago. The only minor fault was that the fan fittings were both for LH fans so I had make a minor adjust to fit the RH fan. At £80 against £740 for an OEM one it was a no-brainer. It has given no problems since fitting and the owner is happy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Disappointing:(

6. Apart from the price/colour, M,P black and bikingboy silver i cant see much difference between the two.

7. One of many parts i reckon now,

8. Yes & the last model was 2002/2003 so that's sixteen years down the line now,replacement parts available for what ten years:thinkingface:

9. Got a price for an original rad today from Ducati if they where available £1050,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. gulp

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. there is at least one main difference in the connecting frames between each end of rad, some uses a thin gauge formed up like a shallow 'U' (like O.E.M.) and others use a a totally flat thicker gauge with notching to aid forming. I've got both types and flat thicker gauge seems better to combat fracture problem on 848 etc better so far but i'm sure either would be fine on 748 type. As said, worth doing a dummy fit as soon as possible as there's a chance you will find discrepancies in fan fit and general fitting but hopefully nothing that can't be tweaked.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I bought an Ali one, from bikingboy-uk. Way too wide, in fact, the bottom parts of the rad, left & right are wedged against the fairing, so tight you can't connect the fairings at the bottom. Due to it being wide the left side upper coolant hose sticks out 20mm too far. Also the rad is squared compared to oem which has a slight curve to the bottom edges and it sits square on, oem has a slight more curvature. The quality is actually ok, and did look good on the bike, but the mounting bracket on the right is 11mm off, sure you can bend it slightly, never going to be an excact fit, but that is way off, so too for the fan lug, bottom one was 9mm too high. Put back the OEM one and fitted a treat with the fairings.

Maybe its just pot luck with these aftermarket ones.

13. Can you not get the original repaired?

14. I have had a good look at them and did realise the square edge looks very tight when compared to the original on my bike which it tight but good to get it confirmed what i thought but like you say it might differ from each rad when built.
    I have also decided to get a secondhand original for mine.

15. I now have a brand new spare oem radiator. Main problem with the Chinese rad, for me, was the square edges were gauging into the bodywork, and I could not pull the fairing together, it was way off due to it being too wide and the squared off edges. The radiator was to straight across and not curved enough leading it to be wider in length...as its already a tight fit even with oem rads.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. You was lucky to find a new one :upyeah:

17. aren't they available new? :thinkingface: I still see old stock O.E.M. from time to time but always at a premium.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information