1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Range Rover Sport Hse Sdv6

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Apr 6, 2018.

1. A behemoth of a vehicle. My new car details are specifically for new vehicles with under 500 miles....anything more and they require a deeper clean....this vehicle had just over 1000 miles, and customer agreed to pay for the extra in depth cleaning. First off was wheels attending to with a through rinse of the wheel arches and alloys to remove as much debris as possible before any contact was made.....especially since these wheels were gloss black and I did not want to inflict any wash marring. Arches and tyres were throughly degreased with Britemax Grimeout at 4:1. Then the wheels were generously sprayed with Angelwax Billberry wheel cleaner at 4:1 then left to dwell for a few minutes before I started agitating the dirt with various Wheel Wollies brushes and EZ large detail Brush....they were then each pressure washed off. Wheels again were treated to Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels to dissolve embedded iron - left to dwell then pressure rinsed off. Vehicle was then covered in a blanket of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam prewash ( AMAZING cleaning power ), and all intricate areas, grills, badges, window rubbers etc agitated with a ultra soft detailing brush while the Autofoam was doing its thing.... left to dwell for 10 mins before being pressure washed off...this removes about 90% of the heavy dirt particles prior to contact washing and what only remains is road film. 3 bucket method all with dual grit guards ( 1 bucket dedicated for wheels ), method with Gyeon Essence pure shampoo and 100% pure lambswool Dooka wash pads.....washed with no pressure on the mitt and let the lubrication in the shampoo glide the mitt over the panels....All glass then clayed with claylube as lubrication for the clay to remove bonded contamination. Vehicle then treated to Carpro Tar X to remove bonded tar particles then pressure rinsed off. Next was Gtechinq W6 iron remover sprayed over whole vehicle and left to dwell - dissolving all embedded iron particulates present. It's astonishing how much rail dust is embedded on each and every new car ( liquid turns purple indicating that the iron is being dissolved ). Vehicle then treated to another Bilt Hamber Auto foam bath to ensure all chemicals were removed and again pressure washed off. Wheels finally get treated to Carpro Hydro2 Lite advanced coating and hi-pressure rinsed - this hi-pressure essentially ' shocks ' the Hydro2 molecules into bonding onto whatever material its sprayed on. RR Dried using filtered warm air vehicle dryer. Whole vehicle was then panel wiped down with Gtechniq panel wipe to get a true indication of the paint prior to machine work. Whole vehicle then Machine polished with various Rupes machines and Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish - remaining film left to cure for 10 mins before being removed. This provides an superb base for the last step protection. This is an outstanding paint cleanser and all in one.....Finally an application of Wowo's amazing Liquid Wurtzite Boron Nitride *Nanocoat - this will provide outstanding durability for 12 months. Glass cleaned with Angelwax Vision and tyres dressed with Gtechniq T1 tyre and trim. Exhaust tips polished and protected. Time taken 9 hours....( 10 min break for a snack )
    Customer was very happy indeed....was a great day to be working out in the sun!!! Interior Received a full Gtechniq interior protection package the previous day which took 4.5 hours.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

#1 rob lewis, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Propose another new thread, 'Fecking Boring Activities':zzz:

• Funny x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Face Palm x 1
  3. I disagree.

1. Not a car nut myself but its nice to see what can be achieved. He's turned some real mucky looking cars into something that looks like its just rolled off the showroom floor.
    2. Cleaning products used: Theres loads of products he's used which ive never heard of which (when i run out) ill definately be ordering.
    3. Process: Assuming you have the same products he's using then the process used you could apply to your bike.

However if your someone who doesnt see the above as a priority (and applying that to your own stuff) then yes, could be construed as boring. Personally, keep em coming.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You may find them fecking boring yes...BUT I know with 100% certainty that many members find these types of posts very informative indeed....

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bit harsh, just coz its not your cup of tea.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Rob,Keep calm and carry on:cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Nice job, good effort. It's good to learn of some of the pro-kit used to make these jamjars sparkle :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Nice job!

Gruesome car though........

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I enjoy these, particularly on the inside cleans. I like rangies too but always get worried when the salesman try and get you to buy the "wayne rooney dna cleaning before Coleen finds out kit" for the seats.

#10 noobie, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Quick question rob, I'm looking at buying an older car just to help daughter with school runs and impending 6 week school holidays. A lot of the older cheaper cars have cloth seats but look like either (1) the driver has masturbated on the seat for it's entire ownership, (2) the driver/occupants have found any dark liquid to spill on the seats to make it look like he or she may have poo'd their pants a few times when driving/suffering others driving or (3) a baby has managed to spill milk on almost every seat inside the car. I'm sure you know the type of staining I'm talking about.

As a refresh and stain removal for cloth seats for those of us who hate spending money on cars, what are the best things to use/process's to remove stains for older cloth seats?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. you are tooooo funny.....give me a call buddy and i'll run ya through the process and products......07960 544461

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wind up merchant :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Have you thought about being truly mobile Rob ?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. @rob lewis do you use any Autosmart products?

I've tried their foam but it doesn't seem to shift much grime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Buddy....Bilt Hamber Auto Wash....SIMPLY NO EQUAL....I've trialed loads and NOTHING comes close to this stuff - Honestly!!!!.....this stuff cleans like nothing else....Don't expect lots of shaving type foam tho...its not formulated to do that BUT in order for it to work as designed you need to get the Panel Impact Ratio correct at 4-5%.....so you must do the following in order to get the dilution correct ( do not think you can put an inch of this stuff in your bottle and it will work...it won't )...so: You need to fill you detergent bottle full of plain water. Turn the detergent feed on full then discharge the lance into a container - keep going until the detergent bottle is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected in your bucket. Work out 4- 5% of that - this is the amount of auto-foam you need to use in your bottle.
    I use 440ml in my bottle using a Kranzle K10....also a little tip here....For Auto Foam to work you only need to ' wet ' the panel so don't go over it again and again as you are only wasting product. I can get 2 large vehicles done out of one bottle. Hope the above makes sense & be nice to know how you get on. Get the BH AF from Polished Bliss ( Free Delivery )...Cheers oh and before I forget the ONLY product I buy from Autosmart is Biobrisk which I use on heavy biological staining and its a great product for this....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Thanks for taking the call rob, sorry about the heavy breathing, nothing to do with the talk about body fluids, it was ..errr...erm... asthma, honest :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Brilliant!! :joy: was lovely chatting to you too....good luck with your next purchase and if you need owt just call me anytime buddy!

18. These posts are interesting in so much as to learn and see what and how to use the decent products.

If i'm honest, i cant see me paying someone to do something i could do myself to about 75% of what Rob achieves as, as much as i like my bikes and car to look good, it does also get used. I clean my car most weekends but by Monday lunchtime it probably looks the same as it does any Friday night with UK weather being so bad, which is precisely why i wouldn't pay someone else to do it.

Still its obvious that there are plenty of others who are happy to pay for this service. I doubt Rob is short of work and the results are as if the car has rolled out of the showroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Why are the wheels chocked by the way?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information