1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Rapid Bike Evo Install

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Kage, Mar 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 3469EF5D-6164-4106-A0A4-284199343F4C.jpeg Help!

Currently lying on the garage floor trying to find the last plug to complete the install of the Rapid Bike loom install.

I’ve been unable to find the ‘AUX IN’ 3 pin plug. The Italian instructions I have don’t help at all. As there’s a 2 pin ‘AUX IN’ coming out of the same section of the loom, I wondered if it was an choice depending on what bike one has, but trying to start the bike it just turns over without starting. I’m hoping it’s just this last plug that I need to connect.

Any ideas?

2. That’s for the optional quickshifter

The 2 pin is for the map switch

#2 flatstick959, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. D3936B1A-3B56-435B-AF97-F350311A2B88.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for that flatstick. I just figured it out for myself. I realised ‘AUX IN’ must be for some add ons. I disconnect the two pin aux in and the bike starts.

I don’t have the option to hook up a lap top, but the Evo kit is for an 899. The current map is via termi upmap which I uploaded after getting the termi slip-ons. I’m assuming all I need to do now is run the bike so the auto tune can do it’s thing?

Regards

5. Yeah just run it and it will adjust itself

There is a rapidbike upmap vase map too but It will adjust itself to suit your exhaust anyway

Do you not have the laptop cable? It is worth sending the adjusted map table to the main table after a few hundred miles of mixed riding so it can make any further changes required

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree with Flatstick, Ive just installed one on my 1299S. Its also worth copying the base to PC just in case. The software is free to download from their website. Use the barcode thing on sticker on RB ecu for registration. Then download the free version fo the software.

7. I have the cable-just not a laptop. I’ll ride for a few 100 miles and see if I can borrow one to do what’s been suggested.

Many thanks

8. It’s worth getting a laptop hooked up so you can lower the rpms when the bike starts adjusting etc

Do Not Sell My Personal Information