1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Rapid Bike Evo Vs Ecu Flash

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JJ1299SX, May 27, 2022.

1. Hi all,

probably been asked before but id like to know the pros and cons between the two,

also does anyone have an installation guide / walk through for the 1299 panigale?

what sort of gains should I expect from fitting a Rapid Bike EVO? am I able to view the results on a laptop or is it a rolling road job?

I currently have a Full Akrapovic Titanium system with the generic Ducati EVO upmap.

I am adding a P08 Sprint Filter in the hope that it sorts the 'rough' running at low rpms but in the ideal world id like the pair it with either an ECU flash or Rapid Bike EVO depending on what replies I get to this thread.

Thanks all, look forward to your replies.

Jay.

2. Gains? Not sure. I added the RB Evo and it just smoothed things out. Esp at low throttle roll on etc. I hadnt a bhp before, nor after as it has so much anyway, it wasnt my main reason for adding it. It was to clean up the low throttle response. TBH, its been on my bike so long I cant even remember before and after. :)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Appreciate the reply, however, can't justify £450 just for that. I think I will post another thread on gearing see if I get a better response with that :laughing:

4. measured a 12 hp increase after fitting the Rb to my 1299 and the low down rough running is solved.

have a look for a second hand unit, as it may only cost 200-250 and if you don't like it you can sell it on..

5. That's interesting, was that VS standard Ducati map though?
    A seller on ebay told me I wouldn't notice much difference between the Ducati Evo upmap / RB.. not sure how true that is.

6. no mine also has the Full Akrapovic and Upmap supplied with the exhaust.

there was a difference and this improves with the adaptive mapping over time.

7. I used an evo for adding a 2 dyno tuned maps, one for open pipe and one for with db killer, for different circuit requirements.
    As already mentioned, it also made a great job of smooting out the bottom end from closed throttle on the track.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information