1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Rapidbike Blipper

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Has anyone tried the rapidbike quickshifter/blipper?

I’ve got the rapidbike evo already and the up and down quickshifter is only an extra £300

Looks easy enough to fit and is adjustable via the software etc.

Thanks

2. Are you sure it has a blipper function? I asked Yaman (US distributor of Rapid Bike) a year or 2 ago about their quickshifter and plans for a blipper function, and then he said that Rapid Bike didn't want to or couldn't easily access the throttle function to make a blipper work, so it is only a quickshifter, and there were no plans to implement a blipper function.

I liked my Rapid Bike, but ended up going with Tuneboy to get both the cruise control and the blipper function.

3. I’ve got a BSD quickshifter/autoblipper I’ll be selling shortly, if that helps :)

4. Think it would probably work but the rapidbike one is all integrated with the tuning module and software so might work better?

#5 flatstick959, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  5. Cool - learned something new today, I liked the RB and their software, so as they now provide that option I would also go for the integrated solution for ease of setup :)

6. Makes sense.
    I went the other way and just had the ECU fuelling set up properly (for the track)

7. Sorry to hi jack this thread but I’m interested in this auto blipper, can you message me with price and when it’s available please?

8. Save £300 and manually clutchless blip. More money saving tips in next weeks episode

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Manual blips? I left that behind when I used to ride 2 strokes in the late 80’s. Over rated.

10. It's come back in vogue

11. Lol...I’d better take that quick action throttle off then:astonished:

12. Did you get one?

13. No not yet. Maybe eventually depends on how many Trackdays I plan on doing in it really

14. Found £300 down the back of the sofa so I treated my loved one to one of these shift assist kits. I'll let you know what it's like one I start using it.

15. Had my first outing using the rapid bike QS with blipper on the 899 at Cadwell yesterday. What a fantastic bit of kit. Will upload a video to YouTube when I get chance but coupled with a sigma slipper the downshifts are super smooth. Would definitely recommend for the track.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Tried mine yesterday for the first time. Brilliant bit of kit, shifts are so smooth. I never thought it would be this good.

If your thinking about getting one, Do it

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. thanks for this info...very happy to hear this, as I am waiting on my kit do be delivered for my 1199 luckily in this week

18. I am also interested in you feedback, thanks gents.
    as I was looking at this add on for the Rb Evo that i have on the 1199,
    how was the mechanical change from Oem to RB shifter? did you require a shift rod as well? or was it a one for one swap with the Standard shift rod assembly ?
    cheers

19. Measure your existing shift rod then make up the RB rod and strain gauge to match. All will become obvious when you get the kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information