1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Rapidbike Instalation Issue

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, Aug 19, 2019.

1. There seem to be placement issues with the Rapidbike unit on the Multistrada 1260 to be clarified. As an option to the suggested placement location, 1200 owners were able to install the unit under the pillion seat. However, for whatever reasons, the 1260 Rapidbike harness does not seem to be long enough to permit this location. Please share your installation solutions, photos and correspondence with Rapidbike.

2. Rapidbike? You are speaking tongues!

3. rapidbike quickshifter

4. Sorry Robert, I don't understand your question?

Not the quickshifter but the Rapidbike controller module.
    KRBEVO-125A_1024x860.jpg

5. Never heard of Rapidbike that was all

6. I understand. The Rapidbike unit is a fuel controller for those that have modified their exhaust and/or intake.
    It re-balances the Air/Fuel Ratio to compensate for the extra airflow. It's also one, if not the best, unit available for Ducati.

7. Is there no space under the riders seat??

8. #8 DarR, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Couldn't you Dremel out some of the plastic from the seat base to create space?

10. I have a 1200DVT and a Rapid Bike module installed in the small space under the pillion seat as I couldn't fit it inside the faring where they suggested. Surprised the loom would be much different for the 1260 model.

11. So is the RB worth the money? Would it be better or similar to a Power Commander?

12. It's shorter and not enough length to put the module under a pillion seat.
    I've sent all pictures to US distributor (Yaman) and he promised to notify the manufacturer. I hope, they'll come up with a revised harness.

13. I don't think PC actually will work at all, as it requires disabling OEM O2 sensors, which is not possible on 1260.

14. Following this will interest as I will most likely be going down this route with the akra system. Who is the UK agent/supplier?

15. The RB is better than a Power Commander I think. The PC, from the little I know about it, has a selection of fixed programmes which can be altered, but they remain 'dumb' programmes. The RB claims to have the ability to learn the ECU map and modify it to get the ideal air/fuel mix which it can constantly adjust to suit.
    As I said, I don't know much detail so I'm happy to learn if somebody has greater knowledge.

16. Performance parts in Daventry are the UK importer and distributor, have a look on their website, you can search bike specific

17. I have a Rapidbike unit pulled from my Panigale that's earmarked for my 1260. The unit is a brilliant piece of hardware with accompanied software. It learns and is customizable. Did wonders on a stock Panigale as It was previously difficult to keep a steady throttle at lower RPM's while in sport mode. The RB removes this lean surging. It's a must for those replacing the exhaust and especially those combining the said with liberating the intake with a high-flow air filter.
    I'm just waiting for the opportunity to have it re-programed, purchase the harness for the 1260 and install it once I disable the exhaust valve.

#17 DarR, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information