1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rcs 19 Bleed Nipple Too High... [?] Wtf

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by comesunt, Dec 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I might be thicker than a whale omelette; but...

Just fitted an RCS 19 master brake cylinder to my track 959.
    The bleed nipple on top of the master cylinder doesn't clear the nose fairing mount when turning to the left. It sits higher than the original.
    I've tried turning the brake leaver forward so it clears, but then its far too low.

I feel that I must be missing the obvious here..

Cheers,

Bob

2. Hi Bob. Can’t you upload a photo? Chances are you’ll get it sorted quicker that way by some clever person. (Not me)

3. Have you used the oem switchgear?

4. No mate; but I think I've worked out what the issue is.
    I tried to be flash and treated myself to a ACCOSSATO switch unit for the start stop that replaces the back of the brake clamp.
    If it goes on on the correct orientation then it pushes the master cylinder into the centre of the bike, just a few mm, but enough to be a pain, and therefore the bleed nipple hits the fairing clamp.
    If I put it on upside down then the master cylinder sits in the right place and clears the fairing clamp.

Not sure if I'll leave it at that. A bit of filing may sort it out...

Did you put the switch gear on the inside of the lever on yours? I recall you dod some filing, but not sure where!

@bettes I'll try to get some photos up later for reference; but I think the problem is not leaving stuff as it was designed to be!

Cheers,

Bob

5. ^ Yeah, I filled the standard switchgear. Copied from @Jolley

Do Not Sell My Personal Information