1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-usable Coffee Cups

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete1950, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Converting to re-usable coffee cups is fashionable this year, apparently. Up to the minute as ever, I have been trialling a fully re-usable cup myself. The trial has been under way for 30 years with the same cup so far, and it's showing some promise. Think I'll give it another 10 years just to make sure.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Are you using stoneware or porcelain?

3. Greggs for me. Great cup. £2

4. ‘The KeepCup and all its components are BPA and BPS free! The cup itself and the lid are made from polypropylene, the plug is a LDPE, the booster is made from a tritan a copolymer polyester, the thermal band is made from silicone. We researched our plastics with care. Polypropylene #5 is the safe food grade plastic.’

I think I’ll stick with porcelain ta muchly.

5. Any chance of that in English?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Precisely, that’s why I think I’ll stick with porcelain thank you.

7. 20190612_183052.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Is that the Springfield plant?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I used to go into pubs where regulars would have their own mug, often hung above the bar etc. I wonder which chain will be the first to try a "i've brought my own mug thanks" scheme?

it's never going to happen, is it..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wetherspoons probably..
    mine. a toblarone mug. had it for years. i hate it when she cleans it. coffee never tastes the same from a clean mug.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I wonder if we could do away with the plastic milk cartons and replace it with something 100% recyclable, I dunno, something like glass?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. That could never work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. agree, think of the ocean of lawsuits both false and genuine that would follow as a result of injury/people slipping over on the blood etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And how about battery powered vehicles to deliver it fresh everyday along with bread & OJ ? Watch out dragons den !!!

We do now go to our local farm who have a 24/7 milk dispenser and use 1l glass bottles -the milk is wonderful

• Like Like x 3
  15. I have some reusable coffee to go in your cups if anyone is keen?
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. What and have an electric powered silent vehicle deliver them to your door so not to use a petrol or diesel powered car to nip to the shop?

Ludicrous idea:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. It's Peter.... it will be Mammoth Bone.... He killed it himself on his first hunt.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. If it was practical, it would have been tried before now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Indeed, stupid idea - where would you put the avocado's?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I remember seeing a few cool dudes walking round the town from pub to pub with one of these many moons ago at the sidmouth folk festival:beer:
    Handcrafted-Extra-Large-Viking-Drinking-Horn-cup.jpg_350x350.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information