1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rea Signs A Two Year Contract For Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Jun 11, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Good point but...rea and team got knobbled more than others and the same rider and team rise to the top.Who looks stupid now?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. No, they had upgrades at te first stage and have more revs than Ducati.

It’s only worth watching the second race these days, at least te first few laps until Rae gets up front and gone.

3. So after all the speculation and claims that Rae could compete at MotoGP level on a factory bike, he prefers to stay where he knows he can win. That’s like a track day fast group rider choosing to be in the intermediate group just so he can big himself up with overtakes. Hopefully with the V4 racing next year, all the manufacturers can build a bike to an identical spec. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yawn..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 3 million a year to race wsbk and be in with a very good chance of a championship .
    Or
    1 million a year to ride around near the back in Moto gp?
    It's a no brainier for him really .

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Unfortunately I'm rather sad to say I have barely any interest left in WSBK

Hats off to Rae for his championships, but I really don't like the fella. As nobody else seems to be able to put up a decent fight on a regular basis it's just boring nowadays. That's not his fault, but it doesn't change the fact that it's boring

7. Rea should have pushed for a MOTO GP ride perhaps swoping rides with the Coventry Crasher

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. He's very successful, but he "don't like it up 'im" .
    He's as aggressive as you like but can't take it when somebody dishes it out....a bit like carl fogarty, but with zero charisma.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. bit like Motogp in Doohans day
    30,000 in the crowd for the Brit Gp
    100,000 for the WSBK at Brands

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I much prefer Bsb to either of the other championships.

11. Ffs you lads do like to knock a guy for being good with a team and bike that’s been successful and because he wins.

Ffs some you must think it’s a walk in the park for these riders. I’m fairly sure they work darn hard to stay at the top.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I'm sure they do, but that's racing at a professional level, they all work bloody hard....well most do, then some get the break with a good ride and others don't, such is life as a racer.

Whether Rae won or not I'm still not fond of him, I like Chaz and he's not won a championship, I guess you like who you like.

Either way, it is unfortunately getting boring and I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only fella thinking that judging by most comments I see on social media, that's not Raes fault but it's a problem nonetheless.

#15 damodici, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. But maybe he is happy in world superbike, why should he leave superbike just to appease everyone? Fogarty did ok, life is short so everyone should enjoy what they are doing, why on earth would he want to not be winning? Some guys are superbike riders some are prototype riders he excels on a superbike why stop? He's building a legacy just like foggy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think the lad said recently the bike suits him, I’m sure there is more to it than just the bike, it’s a massive team after all. If you’re out front, winning, making everyone else look slow, you are doing something right. What next, make the quick lads carry saddle bags or tow a Harley behind them.

I get the fickle world of having an image, saying the right things during interviews etc, all to keep some sponsor happy, so you can’t blame riders for not saying things they want to about incidents. Spectators want a good fight, but that just leads to pansy sponsors saying it hurts their image and they pull the plug.

I don’t think it’s boring racing, I think it’s watching others struggling to keep up

Do Not Sell My Personal Information