1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Enjoyed My First Ride!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by ibgarrow, May 17, 2022.

1. Just delivered today. 821SP. Fortunately, the weather was clement so I took it out for my first ride on a Hypermotard. First impressions are:
    I *really* enjoyed my 50 miles or so. Yes, there’s no wind protection-don’t care. (What is the purpose of the fly screen. To keep the wind off my tummy?). I found myself easily as quick cross-country (South West Northumberland into Alston) as on my Panigale, and the Hyper wasn’t trying to chuck me off at every bump. Not the power of the Panigale, but certainly enough to demolish traffic, including most other bikes. (Helps when you know the road well). I found I could pick a corner line, stick to it, but also change mid-corner if I had to (road cleaning vehicle brushing the gutters/verges in mid-countryside at -0 mph leaving clouds of dust)
    Gawd, it’s *tall*! At 6’ I can just get toes down, and it was a little worrying when parking up on the slope to take the scenic shot below. Colour scheme is-not the usual white SP? I don’t like the yellow/gold wheel nut (blue on the near side!) or the blue bar ends. The mirrors are-something I’m getting used to. I may revert to the original stalk ones.
    Called in at “The Nook” just short of Alston (replacement for Hartside café?) and had to leave my sandwich crusts as my ‘late breakfast nap’ was so large (bacon, sausage and mushrooms). Coffee is so-so, but the stop is worth a visit.
    Overall: really happy.

763ADC4E-E3AA-4D8A-BA0F-FB6F5F6BB5A0.jpeg

27996B1E-C765-446A-9ED6-C8374F09AB8A.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  2. I like these. Was a toss up between a new SP and my SFV2. I was surprised that I can flat foot the SP, being 5’10, but it’s all about the inside leg measurement.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Late breakfast nap? ;)

4. Bloody autocorrect!
    “Bap”

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The perfect bike for basketball players, if only i was taller then i'd take ownership.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Loved my 821. Yes they are tall but you get used to it. Enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Another bike on my list of bikes I can never own (or even ride) but would absolutely love to. This because I am a total shortarse. And it’s getting worse. I owned the gen 1 V4s and could manage, just. The latest version is impossible for me. Gutted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. So pleased with it that I’m going to take it to my first IAM Skills Day at Croft at the end of June, instead of the Panigale.
    Not so pleased with the weird choice of anodised bar ends and rear wheel nuts which clash badly with the general red colouring. If you have any originals, I’d be happy to hear from you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information