1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Rear Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by 6274rico, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Hi all.is there a easy way of changing rear pads?
    Through the winter I always pull pads out, clean caliper.grease pins etc .but this, I struggled to get the pads to stay in position. The wheel was off the bike, and every time I tried to reassemble pads in the caliper. They dropped out of slots. 2hrs of a lot of swearing finally sorted.
    Is there a simple way of doing this.????

2. I remove the caliper, it's only 2 bolts. Andy

3. Yep same here.

Pad change is really easy then. I replaced mine with EBC HH pads and they made a good improvement in rear brake performance

4. Hi Andy. Just had another look at the rear calliper I carnt see the bolts you referred to .to remove it.
    Cheers steve

5. Take a look at a Google image of the caliper.

6. Have just had the rear wheel out of my V4s for a puncture repair that turned out to be needing a new tyre so I looked at this. The rear calliper - which is at the top of the disc - has no bolts and is held in place by the rear wheel spindle and slots in the swing arm. With the wheel out and the spindle just slotted in place it should be easy to remove the calliper pins and replace the pads (mine are fine after 5K miles) so did not take them out. I would imagine that it could be harder to get the wheel back in with new pads, they would need to be fully pressed in to get the disc between the pads. It helps if you use a piece of wood with a ramp / slope cut at one end to lift the wheel to help align it with the spindle holes when putting it back on the bike.

7. I assumed that there would be no difference but clearly there is. However @Veetwin’s post clears it up. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information