1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Rear Fairing

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by fasteddy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Daft question but how does the rear seat fairng come off ?
    I have removed the 4 bolts on top and the 4 underneath which also attaches to the fuel tank panels?
    Are there any more bolts ??

20180707_125643.jpg

2. Look at the evotech website, open up the page for the rear tail tidy for the 848/1098/1198 and on there is a pdf of instructions, on that it is step by step to remove the rear tail unit :upyeah:

3. From memory there are 3 screws each side underneath that connect to the tank fill panels.

4. There is one, there are 3 each side

2294D4D3-4683-4459-B3BB-85696CF0A124.jpeg

5. You need to take the tank infills off first, you will find that you have missed two more screws at the rear of the infills, they are at the extreme rear of the infills. Once the infills are off, slide the whole seat unit forwards to detach from the undertray.
    Kev.

6. I dont remember having to take the infills off, just the 2 screws into the rubbers, as above circled, and the one as you say at the extreme rear, tucked underneath .... however .... as I write this, I seem to think I did remove them, as you say to slide it forward! .... as you were :joy::upyeah:

7. Cheers guys, I have managed to get it off at last.
    I had taken all the screws out but I needed to remove the tank infill panels completely?

8. I had already taken all those areas out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information