1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Rear Hub Service Interval

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, May 6, 2021.

1. Looking for some general advice.

Just ringing round for quotes for my 2015 Panigale1299 to be serviced.

Dealer says it needs the rear hub servicing every couple of years, but looking at my handbook it's only mention is the 15k Desmo service interval and no entry in the right hand column to recommend a 12,24,36 or 48 month time interval.

What is other people experience on when to have the rearhub looked at.

Screenshot_20210506-132936_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

2. Used to do it myself when I could be arsed. Having found a collapsed bearing a while ago, it's now a routine job for me on the Multistrada. My workshop suggest every 2 years but I'm usually doing 7k to 9k miles pa. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is it a straight forward enough job Andy?

Dealer suggested its either straight forward or a royal pain in the ass if it's seized.

Bike is 6500 miles and dry weather use only so not expecting it to be a big issue hopefully.

4. Tedious but you need the right tools and a means of supporting the bike so you can remove the rear axle. The sprocket side nut is torqued to the same as the wheel side, so you need to loosen both before removing the wheel. You also need to support the sprocket with the chain still fitted. Not difficult and you get better with practice. Takes me less than an hour. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers Andy

Just watched a YouTube video and seems fairly straight forward.

I have an ABBA stand to support the bike and an impact gun for those 230nm torqued nuts and a c-spanner for the hub so should be ok.

Appreciate the help. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. You are very welcome. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slightly off subject but similar topic on servicing intervals.

Dealer suggests 36 months for a coolant change but my handbook suggests 48 not sure which is correct?

Screenshot_20210506-133413_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

8. Not sure on that one, I'm sure @nelly has sound advice though. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. In instances such as that, you perform the service at the specified time interval even if the specified mileage hasn't been reached.

10. Coolant is now 48 months, as per the schedule you've highlighted. Has been since we shifted over to the pink OAT coolant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clears things up cheers Nelly.

When did they change over to Pink OAT Coolant as mine was last changed at the main dealers Aug 2018 and its not clear what they used.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information