1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Rear Light Replacement

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by stewartie22, May 8, 2017.

1. Where is best place to buy replacement rear light mine has stopped working and dealer wants £166 to replace

2. There are a load of aftermarket integrated lights on ebay for around £60, I just replaced mine with a second hand one from ebay which cost £65 as I wanted to retain the standard look.

3. Cheers had a look but wasn't sure if they would be any good or not has anyone tried them

4. I got an after market one for mine with integrated indicators it's ok but I opted not to use the indicators and keep the sticky out ones that the bike came with.

5. Yeah a bought one for£49 seems good n looks ok I haven't used the intergrated indicators either not sure they'd be clear enough

6. FYI ,my local MoT station has had a statement from VOSA telling them that integrated indicators are a reason for a fail.

7. mmm that sucks if you ride a BMW then, some of there's are built into the rear light as standard.

8. The tail light of my 907ie also includes the indicators but they are individual lamps within the same housing which I'm sure the BMW ones also are, LED or otherwise.
    Those that will fail are where some of the tail light LEDS double as indicators. ie where the LH section flashes orange when turning left reducing the size of the tail light section to only the right side, and vice versa for turning right.

9. this is what I ended up with but like I say use the original indicators not the built in ones they look a bit tacky s-l1600.jpg

10. That should be an MoT fail with these indicators.

11. Yeah if u use the integrated indicators it will fail as half rear light goes out to indicate have been told it's fine if still using original indicators and rear light stays on

12. And they are supposed to be at least 300mm apart.

13. I looked around and the bit the bullet and brought Ducati replacement so no problems hopefully for another 5 years

Do Not Sell My Personal Information