1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rear Rack

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Alan Murphy, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Anyone know of any make of rear rack for a top box (other than genuine Ducati) that allows you to fit the genuine panniers ??
    I know Shad do a rack but it utilities the rear pannier mounting and the importers can’t guarantee that they allow the panniers to fit with it.

Thanks

Al

2. I have a Hepco and Becker rack which I used on my 1200 (pre DVT) with panniers and no issues. I'm pretty sure it would also be fine on the DVT (I still have it fitted but don't have panniers). I also use their Journey top box, I've got the fold down handle on mine.
    https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk
    [​IMG]

3. I’m on it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also Sw Motech do an top box plate which you fit to the bike. You then buy an adaptor plate to fit the type of top box you have. The adaptor plate mounts to the pillion grab rail. I have a Givi v47 fitted with the givi adaptor plate and can also use the factory panniers. Photo attached with the top box and panniers. This is the third bike I have had with the SW motech plate on it.

20190119_151344.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I looked at all the options and settled on a Givi fixing plate which doubles as a small rack and Givi 56Ltr box.
    No need for fixing plates or adapters and looks very neat.
    I thought the box was going to be too big, but not so.... perfect. £325 for the rack and box.
    Other options available are bag trays from Givi which fix to the rack if you want to carry soft luggage

6. Had the SW Motech rack delivered and fitted over the weekend - quality bit of kit, thanks for the advice everyone .
    Now got to choose between fitting a rack to the lid of my Givi monokey topbox or shelling out for an “adventure” style aluminium box so I can strap my tent on .........

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bugger!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I was in the same position Alan and had opted for the GIVI Trekker 58L box, i however then tried folding my tent up (like a blanket) and hey-ho it fits in the bottom of the monokey box just fine. I was planning to put the tent poles across the seat between our lass and the back box and then realised they also fit in the monokey back box! Brilliant! OK i may have to leave the camping stove at home instead of taking it but i can always buy a coffee on the camp site instead, certainly cheaper than buying the Trekker box lol.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information