1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Rear Sets

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Hi guys after some rear sets for my 1198, I want to go to race shift so will only need the pegs and the back plate as I'm going to fit an avanti race gear leaver, similar style to the old dp ones would be good if not I'm looking at gb moto ones unless anyone has some cheers.

2. A word of caution on the gear lever, not specifically the Avanti but that generic shape. I have big feet and when the lever is in the ideal position for me to change gear, it hits the fairing. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 916 ones almost fit, just need a slight hole alignment (make one longer) in case you have some old DP or the eccentric hard peg Ines laying around

I spaced out the belly pan iirc to have a direct lever on my 848 to stop it fouling the plastic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Me too, I had to grind a section out of my 1098R carbon belly pan to use my QS. :eek: The original owner had taken a small ammount out, but I have size 11 Sidis on my tootsies. It was too high and I had to lift my foot from the pegs to change up (downshift) It got annoying very quickly and when I adjusted it to suit, It hit the belly pan.

Luckily it already had a large scratch on it and I have a brand new spare. :sweat:

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 20.44.26.png

5. @Robarano your pegs don't look very high mate!

6. I think this was before I adjusted them, Cookie. I did raise them after fitting the Gilles rear sets and fitting a Superpole seat.. I'm 6'1" so I can't have them too high as my knees are too bent, but I have it spot on for my size now

I had to sell my old MV Agusta F4 750 as I used to be wracked in pain after a couple of hours due to the pegs being too high for me and causing me pain in my knees. It wasn't a problem initially, but as my skeleton became older was just too uncomfortable for me :( I wish I could have kept it just to look at it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have a set of those as well.
    The profile of the hanger is a lot different/prouder to the DP version they are replicating. Chaffed the shit out of my l/h boot!
    I had the hanger that side machined back at a local workshop.
    The pictures from Mr Gas Cap Dude only shows the back of the hanger...:rolleyes:

8. hi guys @Android853sp do you think this lever would help as it has the kick up at the end rather than the stright avant one to miss the fairing?? [​IMG] upload_2017-8-29_13-19-19.jpeg

9. That is the same lever I have fitted to my 1098R. My race boots are size 49, so the lack of adjustment for me is not unsurprising. Ironically, I have the Avanti gear lever fitted to the 853 and it's fine ! Andy

10. i had an avanti one on my 853 too had to cut the belly pan on that. dont fancy cutting the oe fairings on my 1198 though. i could do with one to try. :thinkingface:

11. I have at least one of the avanti style ones if you want to try it and see what it does. You may be able to alter the pitch of the peg (have a feeling that's what I did)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. @bradders that be great paul if i could, you about this week il wiz over and pick it up.

13. Yep from 7 no probs

14. cool mate il give you a bell when i know what ive got on bud. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tell you what else I have that you want want to try, a set of eccentric pegs that fit the std flip up ones. I had them on my 848 and worked well, kept them in case I need them at some point as they should fit almost any rear set

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information