1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Rear Shock Joint Play

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MotoNik, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Not sure if this applied to non-Enduro models too, but has anyone else noticed that with the bike on the centre-stand you can lift up the rear wheel by a few mm? Seems to me like there is play in one of the rear shock end bearings, likely where it attaches to the swingarm.

It seems to have been like that for some time on my bike. I'd have likely first noticed it when I first replaced the rear tyre. It's not got worse, but it seems to me like it shouldn't be like that.

Anyone else noticed it?

2. Not totally sure but I think this is not the first time this has been mentioned. What is the age and mileage ? Not the same bike but my girlfriend’s Diavel is on its third rear shock rose joint. On my 1200S, I have got into the habit of using compressed air to blow out where the lower shock fixing is and spray it with chain lube. Andy

3. Thanks Andy. I love that you have a girlfriend with a Diavel!

The shock mount is recessed in a hole that collects dirt and grime, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s worn. Bike has done just under 20k miles, but it’s been like it for bloody ages.

4. :joy: Also has an 803 Scrambler Icon, a ‘17 plate, 937 SuperSport S, a Yamaha R6 and a Honda NC29 Gullarm 400RR :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy! Did you once own a Panigale with an Austin Racing system on it.?

6. No sir, my one and only Panigale is a V4S. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can lift the back wheel about half an inch on mine (1200 '16 Enduro with 12000 miles) but it doesn't feel like there's any play in the shock mount.

• Like Like x 1
  8. a very small amount of clearance in the bushing will translate to much more at the rear wheel due to length of the swing arm. All my monsters prior to the 12R were the same but all bushes were fine

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information