1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rear Shock Lower Bush

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by laava, Nov 29, 2018.

1. As above, has anyone replaced the bushing or tightened the rear shock swingarm mounting? Just noticed a bit of play in mine while doing a chain adjust and it seems excessive, to the point it would likely fail a roadworthy insp...still heading off for a wet weekend of shennanigans tho! IMG_1062.JPG
    Thanks, Al

2. They are designed to move as they are a swivel bearing in the Multi, they can indeed wear but only after some 20,000 miles or so or depending on use of bike also. As long as you don't feel a clunk in your backside when riding it is ok, only if you feel this or hear a knocking sound then replace. You cannot tighten it up, they cost £39 plus fitting .

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Great, thanks for that Peter!

4. Isn't this one of the points that are meant to be inspected/lubed but some dealers/owners miss it?

5. Not really as it's a rose joint as such and really needs no maintenance , sure if you are going to use a pressure washer very close then yes lube it, but generally they are hidden away by plastic trim so this reduces that risk, they last many miles not needing anything just like the rose joints on the gear linkage.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Peter it would be nice if that were true.
    There is another post on here about how these lower joints are failing because of the water that collects in that area.

Derek I think posted info on how he had to chop the bolt off because it was stuck in the swinging arm of his earlier bike.

noobie, I think you are thinking of the rear hub. This is meant to be inspected and cleaned, not seen anything that says the lower shock mount should be too.

7. Yes apologies, I knew I had seen an issue about water collection and siezing and confused the two

8. Mine is fine after 20.000 miles and all the shitty weather, but the bolt on the other hand...Mmmm yes that is seized in solid

Do Not Sell My Personal Information