1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Spacer

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by jack999s, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Hey, Can anyone tell me what the rubber gator and small brass part does on this rear spacer for the underslung calipers on the ss and sl?? See photo, Any photos of it from the other side?

Cheers Jack
    71110391a.jpg

#1 jack999s, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Jack, no sure what you mean that looks like a carb diaphram.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Has to be a mistake, Hope the correct part arrives

4. It's simply a bushing. That looks like the picture info is wrong...
    Btw. Not sure of the Euro strength, but the bush is still available via Ducati for £39

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol Jack, I see it now. Just a spacer, I have an upper rear caliper not the underslung so can't take a picture or help you much.
    Ian

• Like Like x 1
  6. The photo is totally incorrect. That is definitely a carb diaphram!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LOL, Yeh it had to be, Got the 2 spacers ordered through a company in the uk, Its the upper mount I have as well but I'm converting to the low floating one,

8. Ah cool, what have you done to convert it, did you buy all the parts new or find them second-hand? It just mounts Thom the engine doesn't it? How much has it cost you? Ian

9. Got the caliper mount from a guy on 888 forum, bushes/ rod and rose joints all bought new, Bracket that mounts to engine I'm fabricating myself, Probably around £180 all in but all the important parts are new, The rod I think is no longer available new but I managed to get one new from Germany, Was last one they had,
    Tbh the complete kits turn up second hand but I got fed up looking/ waiting, Theres a complete kit on ebay but its in usa and Delivered its over £200 and he mentions some of the wearing parts may need replaced then you get stung with customs etc, They normally turn up around the £150 for second hand,
    Ive been keen to get it to complete my 888 to an sp5 rep, Its got nearly all the other parts already fitted

10. Wow not cheap. Is it that much better in braking? I've heard it's an improvement over the one I have, is that true?

11. Tbh, I dowt any difference will be noticed even by the best/ fastest riders out there, Only reason I'm swapping over is cosmetic, I'm just trying to get as close to the sp5 as realistically possible, The floating rear caliper came standard on the 900ss and sl and its a direct swap, standard 888 didn't have it just the sp5

• Like Like x 1
  12. I got the whole set up for £75. It looks good , but I honestly don't find any difference in braking performance.
    945323_381706678613847_353120232_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. That's a good price you got the lot for, Not far of double that now for second hand,
    I'm needing one of that double ended studs that's seen in your photo there and cant come up with one anywhere, Ducati no longer do them, Any idea on where to get one?

14. Honestly, no. You might try Stein Dinse or Ducati Kamna, both online in Germany. I've had luck with them in the past for rarer, discontinued parts.

15. No luck at Stein Dinse, Will give Kamna a try, Cheers Mate

16. It's a Heim joint or rose joint. Usually one is L/H thread and the other end is R/H. Freely available...

17. Hey, No its the double stud I'm meaning, Just a normal stud but with the hex in the centre

18. Sorry, my mistake... Can't you use a piece of threaded studding with a nut at the centre?

#19 ducati dad, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Or someone who's handy on a lathe to make you one up

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information