1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rear Sprocket Play

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Riko, Aug 4, 2020.

1. New chain and 42T rear sprocket installed at around 30.000 kilometers (desmo service)

And today after lubing my chain, I noticed after only 5000 kilometers or 1 year 9 months, this play on the rear sprocket.

I have no tools for the sprocket bolts, but they seem as tight as it left that last service.
    Only think I did recently was adjust my chain, but I cant imagine that would have anything to do with the sprocket play?

First thoughts?
    Best go to the dealer with this I guess?

2. Note that the nut doesn't move at all so it looks like the cush drives are tight but the sprocket is moving on the cush drives. Normally the cush drives are a tight press fit into the holes of the sprocket so it may be that they are worn. The parts diagram shows that there are spacers on the other side of the sprocket and clearly there is not a tight fit between the spacer/washer and the sprocket but I don't know the spec is for this.

3. did a google search and found more than a handful of topics that lateral freeplay on a rear sprocket is absolutely normal
    and on a fb group another owner confirmed he had this too..

will be going to the dealers this week, just to be sure though

4. @Riko, Did you change the carrier by any chance?
    If not, what's the brand and part number of the 42T sprocket?
    I'm suspecting that it's the wrong offset.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information