1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Rear Sprocket

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Flushman, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Anyone changed the rear sprocket on their V4
    The rear sprocket on mine has started to flake paint already. Wondering about changing to a better quality part and possibly altering the gearing. Any advice?

2. If the paint was peeling on mine (it isn't) I would be talking to the dealer / Ducati for a new one!
    As for gearing I think the V4S is spot on for my riding, you do have to use the box more but is good at slow speed and plenty of top end as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I get the feeling it is quite high geared.

4. Am I right in thinking the pikes peak is geared the same as the V4s?

5. Captain changed his rear sprocket, so can advise

6. Yes it is.

7. Given my experience with the 1200 & 1260, I thought I'd be changing the sprocket on the V4. Both previous bikes were significantly under geared in my opinion, it was, hands down, the best mod you could make.

So the V4 is a bit of a surprise as the gearing seems to be spot on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kept the gearing the same , just fitted the no oil chain.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. and…….
    How far so far?
    Have you applied any chain lube at all?
    Thoughts?

I’m going to need a new chain shortly on another bike and am considering these although I’m sure someone else on here pointed out the small print actually says they need lubing :thinkingface: @Android853sp ??

10. #10 Android853sp, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Brilliant, around 1100 miles now , never oiled it as it does not require it . The instructions are a bit vague but spoke to Regina directly about it and what they say is just keep it clean , and maybe if the bike is left over winter to rub oil over it , no more . As for the 3000 miles I think again it would be a good clean and a rub not soaked in oil just to keep the rubbers fresh . Checked it many times and never hot , never squeaks .
    Big test in 2 weeks with the Spain trip 2.5 to 3 k so see how it fairs then . Best bit is how clean the rear hub / wheel stays.
    For me so far a great bit of useful bling for a change that actually does something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information