1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Rear Suspension

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Managed a couple of rides on the V2 albeit at a slow pace whilst running it in but I have noticed how bad the shock is. It feels like the rising rate is high and the valving is off. What options are there which you guys have had success with? Can a shock linkage from a 1299 or other be used for a more linear rate? I’m sure I’ve read somewhere on here about MCT reworking the shock to improve it too.

2. MCT will 100% significantly improve the oil flow in the shock. I had it done on my 899 which was the same unit (basically) I really noticed going back to the Sachs shock when I sold the bike that it didn’t feel softer than the Ohlins but it just wasn’t taking any of the sharp bumps. An Ohlins (or Similar) manage to handle the extreme bumps without compromising firmness elsewhere

• Like Like x 1
  3. The base panigale’s have a known issue with the shock ‘decking/locking out’.

mct etc can improve this

• Like Like x 2
  4. Getting the shock reworked is the cheaper option but many 899/959/V2 owners just get an aftermarket shock.

I have the Ktech DDS pro and I’m really happy with it, it’s also key to get the right spring for your riding weight in full kit and usage.

Swapping the linkage for the one from an 1199/1299 will give you the option of setting it up in the flat rate configuration - I installed this at the same time as the Ktech on my 959 as it’s a dedicated track bike. However for road riding most people recommend the progressive rate setting - which is what the stock linkage on a V2 gives you so you might want to focus on the shock before going down this route.

5. I agree. The shock is the week link. Personally I think the MCT rebuild will fix the issue for around £160 which is cost effective, an aftermarket shock will give much wider range of adjustment and I dare say will handle abuse better on track and stay consistent when under hard use, but once I had my shock done by MCT I never adjusted it, it was spot on, and it was fine around Caldwell and didn’t seem to fade.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got the DDS Pro used but in excellent nick on here so that tipped the decision for me - I maybe wouldn’t have spent the amount needed to buy new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As others have said the base shock is...Well.....shocking! :D

I'm pretty sure this will fix it!
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ohlins-ttx-v2-1299-1199-959-899.86912/

:p:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  8. let us know how you get on. The online is magic it really is, maybe one for the future. The MCT Improvements will be significant

Do Not Sell My Personal Information