1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearsets for 1200 Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sprocket1397, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Apart from the official Ducati parts, does anyone know if any manufacturer (eg Giles etc) do complete rear sets for the Multi. This is my second Multistrada and I love the bike but don't get on we'll with the standard parts.
    I find the foot brake pedal is to far in towards the bike and could do with it either being a half inch wider or further out and the metal could do with having a bit more grip, especially when it gets wet.
    The gear shift is fine once adjusted but after just 1400 miles rubber is already well worn on the outer edge. This was the same on my previous Multi. If the contact area between boot and peg was a bit broader it would be fine.
    I've scoured the 'net but am struggling to find any rear sets for the 1200.

2. I don't think there is a complete set other than the Ducati, but Rizoma does a set of pegs and I'm sure you can get a set of levers from other manufacturers.

Got a set of Rizoma pegs + adapters, £150 fitted. Excellent grip. Surefooted when wet. Appreciate the narrower gear lever peg when wearing deep-toed touring boots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don't forget the forum discount from them !

4. Even better, cheers. I'm off down to Andover on Thursday so may detour there on my way back home.

5. I think most CNC Racing stuff has to be ordered in.

6. duke63. You're right. I phoned them and ordered the rear sets from them. They were really helpful and I also got the 'Forum' discount without any hassle. They should be here in a week or so. Once fitted I'm off for a tour along the west coast of Ireland for a drop of the black stuff.
    Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction with Conquest Carbon.

7. Can you post a review please Sprocket ;-)

8. Will do.

9. Just fitted the CNC racing levers

Very pleased with the quality and look, and much better feel than the standard levers

Brake.jpg Brake 2.jpg gear 5.jpg Gear 3.jpg

Brake.jpg

Brake 2.jpg

gear 5.jpg

Gear 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boomer. Did you have any trouble with the gear lever striking the side stand pivot on down shift. If so how did you get around it.

11. Yes I did !

I have e-mailed Steve at Carbon Conquest, he said someone had had an issue with fitment, I guess that is you..?

I got round the problem by repositioning the lever that is attached to the gearbox splined shaft by one spline, (you can see this on the picture if you look at the dots on the spline shaft) then re-adjusting using the rose joint adjuster to get the lever in the correct position. It was a bit of trial and error to get it right because I have a quick shifter connected as well and had to also adjust that.

Hope this helps

12. Great. Thanks again Boomer. It was me who was having issues. I'll try repositioning the lever as you have done. One other point I noticed was that there is only provision to fit one of the OEM rubber O ring seals (the one on the outside) on the CNC lever as the inner face isn't recessed to take the O ring. Great levers though. I'll let you know how I get on.

13. Yes I noticed that as well, but it works fine with the one on the outside ok

14. Boomer, where did you find a quick shifter for the Multi and if it's not a rude question, how much ? I'd be interested in who supplied the half carbon cover you fitted on the clutch cover as well. Thanks, Andy

15. theres a set of Gilles on Fleabay at the moment

16. Hi Andy,

Quickshifter is a Translogic system, they don't do a specific one for the multi because of the way the linkage is set up. But I got there universal one and adapted it slightly to fit. Great piece of kit and works really well, no dive on front suspension when changing up, less head banging with the Mrs on the back, and even more fun, full throttle clutch less shifts when on the pace!! Brill!

See here Translogic Systems - World leader of electronic transmission shifting technology

As for the carbon cover, I don't know the source im afraid, I took it off a bike we had in px at work, and it fits like a dream! Just got lucky there I guess...?

17. Boomer.....a request from a non member...

(yes....recommended to join;-)

18. Here you go

Gear 4.jpg

Made a sleeve behind the top pivot point to bolt to the crankcase using a longer than standard bolt

Also had to cut and shorten the quick shifter shaft slightly to get it into the correct adjust range

Works a treat, and looks ok I think, someone actually commented that it looks like it was meant to be there..? :upyeah:

Gear 4.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information