1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearsets

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Frosty 2.0, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Blimey Frosty your a bit Impatient :)

2. not really impatient, just a bit. lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've got some Ducati performance made one's i've taken off my 900 Monster & 2 race exhaust systems for sale if you know anyone who may want them,plus some beautiful alloy clip-ons?

4. Could be interested in the rearsets for the wife's Monster 796. Could you post some pics and what sort of money your looking for?

And if you know, are they a straight swap for the Monster 796?

5. I don't believe they will fit a 796.

6. @Dingo

I've looked at what look like to be the M796 equivalent to these one's you linked and done a bit of searching on the tinternet with regards to these at the time of looking at both these and the Gecko ones...

Some people suggested that the brake switch arrangement required a bit of faffing about when installing them for one reason or another (can't recall precise details) and that some people didn't feel overly confident on how they would hold up if they were to stand up on them to stretch their legs whilst riding...

Could you offer any insight in to either of the above with regards to the ones you have?

Here's a link to the M796 ones which I refer to as looking like the equivalent to yours... Looking again they look the same to me, anyone know if M696/796 utilise the same fitting arrangement?

Cheers,
    Ben

7. Hi Ben,
    They are a bit of a faff to fit full stop, mine came unbuilt so I had to put them together from scratch, nothing major if you know one end of a spanner from another

as for durability, I'm 16st and quite an aggressive rider and have no qualms these are built to last

Hope this helps?

Dingo

8. Hi Ben,
    They are a bit of a faff to fit full stop, mine came unbuilt so I had to put them together from scratch, nothing major if you know one end of a spanner from another

as for durability, I'm 16st and quite an aggressive rider and have no qualms these are built to last

Hope this helps?

Dingo

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Morning,

Thats exactly what I was looking for mate. Thanks for your input and reassurance. I will feed back to Mrs M and await her decision on whether she'd like some or not :)

10. I could possibly be interested in the rearsets if you can get me a picture?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information