1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Recall Dvt 2016

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Maserati, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Today my Dutch dealer (Ducati Mulitistrada DVT 1200S 2016) made an appointment to replace a cooling water hose because of a recall made by Ducati apparently I could still use the bike until repairs are made.

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. mine is at the (Dutch) dealer, but no such a recall for my 2015.

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  3. I have a DVT UK MY2015 - not had a recall letter. Please keep us informed Maserati

4. It's a service campaign so no notifications by post and can be completed at service time

5. When I booked my new 1200S in for it's first service the dealer checked if the coolant hose "recall" was applicable, it wasn't. I understand there that it applies to a limited batch of of 1200 and 950 models, but II don't know the specific VIN ranges. Once the Ducati website returns to normal it might be possible to check.

6. My '17 is on the list. 2 others on my dealers floor also on the list. Parts ordered.

7. Didn't know about hose recall for my 66 plate DVT 1200, changed on Friday during its first annual service.Already had the fuel sensor recall done.

8. Had mine done while in for its first service last week

9. Anyone know the DVT'S model years that need the hose upgrade?

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Just had an email asking me to book my dvt 2015 in for the hose work. :motorcycleduc::splat:

11. Mines registered 08/2015 and got the email today for replacement.

12. Same here mines 04/2015.
    Got the email :-
    "we would like to inform you that your Multistrada 1200 in need of preventative service.

This service involves replacement of the water hose within the engine’s cooling system. This service is precautionary; it is intended to prevent potential damage to the hose and subsequent coolant leakage, under certain usage conditions of the vehicle.
    This service is completely free of charge; as such we ask that you schedule a service appointment with your trusted Ducati Service Center soon. At this same service visit, your Ducati Service Center will also check for other necessary service updates that might be pending on your motorcycle. This ensures we maintain your motorcycle within Ducati’s optimal performance specifications.

Please remember that Ducati’s Customer Service stands ready to assist with any of your Ducati needs and can be reached through your Ducati Service Center."

13. Just had an email today for my 2017 1200S for the hose replacement.

14. Yeah I got an email too, rather annoying, bikes was only in the work shop a few weeks ago :(

Just Wondering is the coolant in the system needing to be replaced as part of a service schedule?

15. I had mine replaced yesterday. It's a Y shaped hose that is attached to the thermostat . The new hose is reinforced.

16. Had email today.

17. same here had my email today, 2015 bike

18. 1772888A-29A2-44EA-AB3E-7BD3CF6C82A2.png Had my email today...

19. Got my hose recall email today. Another foookinn 100 miles to Ducati :triumph:
    Might blag a bike of em, how long does it take?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information