1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reccomended.. Save On Your Energy Bills & You Do Nothing..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Dec 16, 2018.

1. I signed up to these on recommendation a short while ago now... I’m now really seeing the benefit..
    All I had to do was to register with them, no obligation etc, they then look at your energy bills and move your supplier around as often as required to give you the best service at the best price..
    I’m on to save £200 this part year plus I’ve got £20x5 for getting my friends regestered..

I was on a fixed tariff and they have got me out of that no worries..

They are part owned by the dragons off Dragons Den..

You’ve nothing to lose by giving them a try, and they are not biased to any one supplier either, the lower they get your price down the more they make..

https://lookaftermybills.com/?utm_e...zQPg.0&utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

I’m only passing this own as a “ try and help my friends” message, nothing at all for me, all I hope is that it saves money for you as well.. X

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Isn’t there a fiver in it for you? Lol

3. Saw them on DD but reluctant to try. I can't leave my current provider at the moment because I am about halfway through a term. When it gets near the end then I will investigate changing. Its not very hard to do this on the internet these days and I can avoid companies that have pissed me off in the past.

I can't really see the benefit. Am I missing something?

4. I saw them on dragons den too

5. https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/look-after-my-bills-rated-13108492

Seems a reasonable review. In essence, they make commission just like a comparison site, except rather than you sticking your details in regularly, they do it for you.

Suspect they are looking to build big with volume in 2yrs then sell out to BG or another company, hence the dragons were interested. Hence they use this pyramid-type sales technique of encouraging friends and family and paying a reward (like many companies do)

One thing I’m not sure is how often they can switch you: the best deals tie you in for a period.

6. Yes money...
    These are not like a comparison site though for they are not paid by the suppliers in anyway. With insurance comparison sites it’s far cheaper to go direct to the insurers than to believe the CS will get you a deal..

If you think about it, would Peter Jones and Debora Meeden sink their cash into a comparison site? No..

Watch for yourself if you wish...

7. They are paid by the suppliers. It says so in the FAQ. They claim the differentiation is that they are paid the same, so as not to favour any supplier.

It is normally more expensive direct with insurers, as they will have a different acquisition model for punters who buy direct :upyeah:

And they would 100% invest. It’s massive business and a great business model that returns huge profits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Went with flipper last year....in that year my energy bills have gone up by 100 quid a month even after fitting a new boiler 6 months ago....i suspect part of it down to my lodger running her fan heater as we dont put the heating on during the day....but even that would raise the monthly outgoing bill that much. Either way not happy with their service so will be doing it myself manually sooner rather than later...

9. Yep fair dos Bradders you know me I get a bit muddled up at times.. I just watched the video again, yes they do get paid by the suppliers but they are not tied to any.. I tried many insurance comparison sites though and have never found them cheaper.. I’ve always used them to get an idea and then phone around myself telling them when they are too pricey and seeing what they then offer? 9/10 move on price then..
    also never accept an auto renewal deal, phone up and complain on the normal increase and they will soon change it. It’s often cheaper for new customers to get insurance than for people who have been loyal for years.. Total rip off if you just accept their renewal price..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Peter Jones owns one of the biggest comparison web sites: moneysupermarket.com :)
    I've thought about joining this one though :thinkingface:

11. Oh I never knew that... I’m surprised then that on the den he was so keen on getting it for himself, would have thought conflicting etc, mind you he missed out on it and wasn’t happy in doing so..

12. Conflicting? Nah he wants dominance.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information