1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recently Acquired Bsa Gold Star Lookalike (1956 B31 )

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by portboy, Mar 19, 2019.

1. An addition to the BSA fleet.

P1030754.JPG

P1030755.JPG

P1030756.JPG

P1030757.JPG

P1030758.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. Nice one!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Clean and presentable:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. got yer order in for bulk solvol ?? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. fook cleaning it, just gonna jump on it and ride.....:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. just a passion for dirt

P1030480.JPG

P1030497.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  7. My Dad had a “Goldie” :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I had a little spin out on one of my C15's this afternoon.
    Not ridden a Ceefer for...ooh...48 years?....the smell of air cooled pushrod engine brought the memories flooding back.
    As did having to be bump started by my mate as the clutch wound itself out of adjustment at the halfway point.
    All good fun eh?
    (nice bike btw!)

• Like Like x 3
  9. So did we.. I used to love watching it going round and round in it's little bowl.. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Good idea bikes are made to ride nice bike

11. Remarkably like my last one..
    DB34 GS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Now thats a proper Goldie, gorgeous and a about £20k price tag today.

13. Nice bikes Portboy:upyeah:

14. Yes, a 1955 DB34 tourer and as far as I know the only one ever sold in the UK. All the other big fin engined tourers went to the US. I sold it in 2000 to a guy in Cambridgeshire for £6,500, the going rate at the time. It has changed hands a couple of times and is now owned by a gent only 15 miles from me who paid around £20K for it.

15. My first race bike was a 1960 Gold Star. It had the aluminium flat tank. It had terrible suspension for racing. I got a massive tank slapper at Gerrards corner Mallory. My only option was to straighten it up and head across the run off. Unfortunately Mallory has decided to reseed the grass run off and after a lot of rain it was liquid mud. I kept it upright as I aqua planed across the mud and stopped just in front of a very startled marshal. The whole front of the bike and me was pebble dashed with red liquid mud. I got back to the pits and was applauded for a great save as a friend hosed off the mud with me still on the bike.

• Like Like x 3
  16. No just an iron painted B31 Derek.

This was my 350 Goldie from the late sixties cafe race style, what a bloody handful.

my dbd32 goldstar 1956 nmw 657..jpg

17. It looks really good, you had me fooled - until I look closer. I like that 350.
    This was my second Goldie -
    DBD34.jpg
    1958 DBD34
    I also had a ZB32GS Clubman for a while.

18. loving that as well, wish i had a decent camera like yours years ago.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information