1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend A New Battery For A 98 900ssie?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GordonH, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Any recommendations as to to a good value battery for a 98 900ssie?

Just looking for a decent standard battery as mine has seen better days.

2. Subscribe to the forum, get a Halfords Trade Card and buy a Yuasa AGM battery at a really good discount.
    These are maintenance free, so no need for topping up and no worries about acid on your bike
    They also have more punch than a wet battery, so give more starting power.
    My SS was a pig to start, even with a new battery. I really wish @Exige was doing his starting circuit cables back then as I was always nervous it would let me down and leave me stranded somewhere.
    When I got my 999, I was very disappointed to find it very nearly as bad but a cable kit and Yuasa AGM transformed it - best money I’ve spent on it by far :)

3. Always a minefield recomending a brand!, people have one bad experience with a particular brand and it then becomes the worst product known to man in their opinion :), all I can say is I’ve been using Motorbatt AGM for years on various bikes, I’ve never had an issue and have them on two of my bikes now, they seem to hold charge extremely well, that said I would imagine most AGM batteries are similar, have a look on eBay around £50 should get you a good one, Old rider suggests Yuasa and they are good quality, not sure how much they are with the discount he mentioned though?.
    PS people always blame the electrics for poor starting, often it’s the carbs that need a clean, yours is an IE of course but just thought I’d mention it for carbie owners.

4. 53quid for my 999

5. Delivered? Or do I have to collect it from you?

6. Err, from Halfords... :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh I see
    Plus several million Whotsits ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks for the recomenadtions.

Electrics are ok and fitted with Exige’s cables. Battery is just old and had it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You know a battery has had it when starting the bike means you lose the clock setting on the dash... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. would second the motobat had one on my ie really good

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information