1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me A Decent Vacuum Brake Bleed Kit.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Bonkers the Dog, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Go on then, I dare ya.

The last cheapo I bought off of fleabay was a f**king load of rubbish, failed right out of the box.

2. Old bottle and length of plastic tube. Nothing else needed other than a spanner. Save your money.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Been there for years! I am looking for the path of least resistance, no pun intended...

4. I inject mine from the Caliper up, job jobbed. I balked at the cost of a vacuum kit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ill beat that....just a bit of plastic tube and a spanner.....(take the tube back into the reservoir)....job jobbed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yup, big ass syringe left over from previous DIY enema. Done that as well.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Any of the ones that you run off a compressor. Usually around 25 quid. They make life so much easier.

8. given your recent trial and tribulation with the cush drives and rear sprocket......are you sure its not the process you are doing rather than shit tools?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I never sure when a tradesman blames tools whether that’s the case, from experience it’s usually the tradesman.

10. As Glen mentioned, the ones that run off compressed air are best. Never been really satisfied with the hand pump type. Tbh, unless there's a particularly stubborn air lock or it's a fresh system bleed, bleeding by hand always gets a better feel at the lever. We use our air powered one, but without air connected as it gives a large reservoir to bleed the old fluid into cleanly while bleeding by hand.

11. Bled the clutch on the monster with an old piece of clear plastic pipe with a schraeder aloe poked up the end. Worked a treat.

12. I don't have a compressor, I would like one but all my power tools are fairly new and are electric/battery units. It would cause a lot of unnecessary duplication and can't really be justified.

What's the view like up there on the professional moral high ground?

I'm not blaming my tools, I just want a bloody brake fluid set because I can't be bothered feckin' about with old bottles, syringes and tubes; I'm tooo old and lazy!

Hands up for a free cigar if ANY of us have not bought something off of ebay/Amazon/Gumtree that didn't turn out to be cheap, fragile and useless?

You're a cheeky one; but I STILL like you. I look forward to your future posts so that I may pass suitable comments...

13. Do I need to have purchased from all 3 for the cigar and is it an exotic smoke or just a Hamlet?

14. To clarify, I find the Mityvac ideal for anything on Bikes, partly because it feels more controlled, or even maybe just a caliper change on cars.
    But any more extensive work on a car such as a complete fluid change I do still use the old Compressor powered one I have to save my old hands pumping away for too long.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. +1 for the "Mityvac" I went for the cheaper version.. can't remember what I actually paid for it but a quick google gave me this link..

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artike...ition/10010766?filter_article_number=10010766

Seems to get crap ratings there but I've recently done mastercylinder, lines and calipers on my blade and there was zero colourful language used... unlike when I bought a cheap sh*tty, f*cking, crappy ebay pile of turd :)

16. +1 for the Mityvac from Louis Moto :upyeah:

17. Genuinely tge clear silicone tube spanner and a jar is all you need

for the rear in most Ducati’s that really is all about technique and just as viable with tge above kit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information