1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me A Polish For A Rotary Polisher...

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Bonkers the Dog, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Greetings,

Just bought me a aldi rotary polisher £39.99; HUSSAR!

So now the question is as above...can you?

It's not for the bikes but for the motorhome to buff out tree scrapes.

Cheers in advance.

2. Farecla products are really good. G3 is a good compound for restoring paint.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. I’d be inclined to take a look on detailing world :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3M fast cut is what I would recommend not cheap but definitely worth the price

5. Make sure you keep the polishing mop wet, or you risk burning the paint.
    Do any corners by hand or you risk wearing through the top coat to the primer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Some would say that you're brave jumping to a rotary rather than a DA if you haven't had experience before so as others have said please do be careful, take your time and watch as much youtube as possible on the use of rotary. Key from my understanding is movement, lower rpms and surface temps.

I've just finished correcting mine over this winter/lockdown and bought this mini DA after nearly buying the Carbon Collective one until I saw this is the same machine for considerably less - SPTA Cordless Mini Car Polisher, 12V Micro Cordless Scratches Killer Car Polisher RO/DA Mini Car Polisher for polishing, Sanding and Cleaning: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I used Scholl Concepts S20 Black as is a good one-step and can be worked differently with varying grades of pads. It's very forgiving and has a fairly high lubricity property so will take a lot of work to dry it out.

Incoming thread soon on my experience

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Cheers for all that folks, much appreciated. I would have bought something small and compact but my motorhome is a bit of a barge and is over 30 ft long so it takes a bit of work!

I had been looking at Utube and the Maguires website for hints and tips and I did use to work in the Auto consumables industry so I'm not going in blind.

THe ALDI polisher has a 6 speed drive so I'll start off slow and take it from there.

8. Ah sorry I completely didn't read your entire post and assumed you were working on a bike! I've just bought a full-size DA as moving on to the cars next now the bikes done.

I've found this channel really useful for demos and knowledge - Forensic Detailing Channel - YouTube He has a few demo videos for first-timers talking through what, why and when. A first he seems a bit like a fumbling fool but his knowledge base seems pretty solid and helped me get a lot of things right from the start.

Most products will have recommendations of application so if they can be used with DA or Rotary and then also have recommended speeds of use on the different machines. Check the speed of the machine out of the box to understand what the six settings relate to, rotary working range tends to be 1000-2000rpm with the higher end only really needed for serious cut but depends on the condition of the paint at the starting point and also the type of paint you're working with. I did the same as you mention and started out with my softest pad and slow setting to see what the improvement was and then worked up from there

9. As said earlier detailing world is a leading uk based resource full of tips from pros whose livelihood is detailing

I took all my tips from there before i started my detailing journey years back

Hard to be specific as circumstances vary but i bought a kestrel da and a range of menzerna polishes and cutting compounds and a variety of pads from different brands

10. If its not DA don't use it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information