1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me A Spanner...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nelson, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ....no not him :)

Looking for the correct fit for a 1098S ohlins rear shock.

There's a few on ebay, but a personal recommendation would be welcome for one that a)works b)fits in the teeny weeny space available.

Ta

2. I have an Ohlins C spanner for the shock adjustment. It fits perfectly on the rear shock of my 749 fitted with an Ohlins shock, but there is no room to move the bloody thing, so I ended up using a Aluminum bar and hammer to adjust the rings!

I did however manage to adjust the rings on my recently acquired 848 evo that is fitted with a standard Showa shock, but it was a long process as again there was very little room to swing the spanner.

I would be happy to lend it to you if you like.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. maybe not the same, but I did mine on a 749 with a 3/8 drive socket and extension........
    ooops sorry,, I thot you meant retaining pin / bolt :Shamefullyembarrased:
    for the spring adjuster I used the C spanner from my bilstein ( car ) shocks,, you are welcome to borrow. I don't think I am anywhere near " pig town ".. maybe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks chaps, really need one for the toolbox.
    Ordered a couple from Harris.

I usually find it easier to remove the exhaust cans and mid-section to perform this maneuver!

Cheers

5. the ohlins tool with the barb on both ends (or a copy) are good so you can push or pull the ring
    eg
    Ducati Ohlins rear shock absorber brand new factory adjustment wrench | eBay

be careful with the stupid plastic preload locking, not only did the tangs disintegrate when i try to turn it, it likes to jump threads on one side and cross thread itself! v poor idea putting a plastic locking there

I just picked up a replacement ally one from harris today, ohlins part 531-01

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thank you.

7. I'm partial to my shorty 8mm and 9mm ring spanner.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information