1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Me Some Textile Gear

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by MrAliT, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I'm going to be doing a fair amount of riding over the next couple of years with some advanced training then getting involved with the local blood bikes down here in Zomerzet. I normally ride in a Dainese textile top and leather track pants but as my riding is about to be less about when I want and more about getting out there at any time for training or when needed for the Blood Bikes I need to get some proper textile gear that's waterproof, warm in Winter and cool in Summer.

I've looked into Rukka, Rev'It and Halcarssons. Does anyone have experience and comments on any of these or any other recommendations?

2. Don't the blood bikes people recommend anything/subsidise your equipment?

3. Rev'it Poseidon. Kept me dry in Torrential rain and also gives some venting and cooling. Either way I would always go Gore -Tex and Laminate not an inside drop liner. They may have stopped the Poseidon now so look for the latest laminate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not that I'm aware of but I'll need some decent kit anyway. Im a bit bored of just getting out when the suns shining and the only thing that stops me riding in the wet is a lack of waterproof gear.

5. How deep are your pockets ? I've been riding in the Ducati branded Dainese D Dry textile jacket (leather panel on the back) and trousers all year round for 4 years and it's still totally water proof, wind proof and with the lining in, warm. Ridden in torrential rain recently, no issues, ridden in -5 degrees C, no issues. IF I need to replace it, I'll be buying the same stuff. Andy

• Like Like x 1

6. speak to cspsx on the 675 forum, he's not best pleased with his Rukka gear for the $$$ and subsequent customer service

i have the Dainese Carve Master - its fine on the whole for around £375 (+ whatever you spend on trousers)

i use my A* el nino suit over the top on really heavy days though (which is as watertight as a frogs arse)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rukka stuff is very pricey - £1300 with discount for ArmaS suit. I'm in the same situation with Dainese for Summer and Hein Gericke for worse. Trying to justify £1300 instead of putting it towards another bike project!

Blood bikes up here get 10-20% discount from local suppliers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PS my Dainese gear is their textile D-Explorer with a Goretex lining, very comfortable and lots of protection but pants aren't very waterproof, particularly around the seat (the material is shower-resistant, and relies on the liner for its waterproofing)

What size are you? I am getting rid of a black, leather two-piece HG Oxan 2 suit with Sheltex (HG version of Goretex) size 56 if you're interested.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. KLIM - not easy to find but a real Rukka alternative. Seriously durable and very focused on performance in the wet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thanks for the offer but I'm a shortarse!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I was having a chat with a couple of bike cops at the weekend. One swore by his (force provided) Rukka gear whilst the other had had problems with his leaking. He had gone and bought Rev'It stuff which he preferred.

Seems like Rukka are inconsistent given the premium price tag. Can't be doing with that so I'll strike them off the list for now

12. Where did you read this ? Had a look on their web site but could not find any reference to IAM. Ta, Andy

13. ive just done the same and cant see anything. is it applied at checkout?

14. Are you both IAM members? It has been stated a few times in this years monthly newsletter. Try phoning the store & asking whether its true. You'd probably have to show your valid membership card at the till or too the owner Steve.

There is 50% discount on loads of places which 'internally advertize' their wares through the IAM organization.

15. I'm a new TVAM member which includes (paid for) IAM membership. Perhaps too new for the IAM stuff to have been sent out yet. Andy

16. If you've got the money, Touratech/Staedler is the best bar none and works out good value for money in the long run (10 year warranty).

17. The klim stuff seems really good and check out fcmoto for last seasons kit

18. Rukka seems more road-oriented than Klim. A 15,000 mile a year couple on my recent Croatia trip had them and really rated them. I have the most road-oriented Klim suit (but it is still quite 'adventure' styled). It'll be too big for you but you are welcome to take a look if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. I paid 250 ish for a full goretex model. No liner tho so you layer up. But I'm looking at a BMW one at the mo that is a one piece jobbie and at 450 ish seemed good value. Step in/out with jeans or whatever

Do Not Sell My Personal Information