1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation For High Temp Engine Paint Please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by johnny, Oct 12, 2020.

1. I am re doing my flaky engine cases and sump. What have you guys and gals used? Blocks and cylinders appear ok ish so I shall leave those. 2002 ST4S mat mid grey in colour

2. I used Simoniz Engine Enamel on my 748 sump & crankcases (but not the crankcase covers). I used an ‘aluminium’ colour one, it may come in other colours, so far, so good. :upyeah:

3. Xylan coating is my preferred choice. Lots of colours available, quite cheap and it doesn't flake..

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Xylan coating is my preferred choice. Lots of colours available, quite cheap and it doesn't flake..

5. Thanks guys, I looked at Pauls's photo and thought thats black !...OK Sump looks a good match

6. Hi Johnny, I meant the sump.

The crankcase covers on my 99 748 were a dark grey (looks more like black in the photo but it’s not) I matched it by using Zinc Phospate and lacquer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Last time I had something done, which is a few years back, a side cover was 12 pound if I remember right. Not much more than a rattle can of paint would have been.

8. Uh, at that price I'm not surprised. I'd have done the same.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information