1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations For Correct Gold And Powder Coaters

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by danieljg, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I am wanting to change the colour of my wheels and I am looking for help trying to select the best/correct Gold and a recommended powder coater to get the work done.

A feww different golds seem to have popped up at various points throughout the forum such as Honda Oro, Yamaha Oro, Desmo gold, Palini gold, Subaru Pro drive. I can't quite decipher which is correct?

Also I know there is a split opinion on whether to have wheels painted or powder coated. As the wheels have come out the factory powder coated, I've made an assumption thats the preferred route to go down..

Thanks,

2. I don't know which is the correct gold but I have the wheels on my 748 painted Subaru gold and they do look good although I would have liked a brighter gold but couldn't find one.

3. Got any photos :upyeah:

4. I want to paint the calipers on my Corvette and was looking at doing it myself. The top two kits seem to be either G2 paint which is brush on or VHT paint which is a spray can. I'd follow up the VHT with some clear coat. I don't know if anybody has experience with either if one is better than the Kodi nox other.

#4 citerbater, May 3, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information